Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok was running open dp and it was boosting ok. now that the dp i on im not getting any boost and its howling took off the muffler to see if it was to restrictive. seems a little better but still howling. yes it is a egay turbo. it was use(doesnt help at all). running a oil restrictor. also when i first put it on it had barely any play. but now its getting a little worse. bad balancing? idk what you think

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it even spin anymore? You get what you pay for.
yea tru tru. it spins little blue smoke but it was boosting fine w/ it was open downpipe. if i knew how to get a soundclip id try that but....... check coupler had a couple loose clamps but nothing ever blew off tightened them up havent tested yet.

·
Registered
283 Posts
not to be a jerk off, but i think people are going to tell you to buy a real turbo

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ok was running open dp and it was boosting ok. now that the dp i on im not getting any boost and its howling took off the muffler to see if it was to restrictive. seems a little better but still howling. yes it is a egay turbo. it was use(doesnt help at all). running a oil restrictor. also when i first put it on it had barely any play. but now its getting a little worse. bad balancing? idk what you think
i beleive in taking the bargain on items like shifters piping non mechanical. but with a turbo you get what you pay for. imo

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
prolly the same problem my buddy had a couple years ago with his egay turbo... his was brand new and the compressor wheel was rubbing on the housing so it would spin a little and make kind of a howling, screeching noise but it would spin enough to build any boost...

Either that or like he said above, check for boost leaks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
turbo is poo poo, should have bought a Garrett
thats what im doing now gonna go w/ a 42/48. was just using this for a meantime turbo. it spins fine and i dont see any obvious boost leaks. if it was something small i would think i would get some boost. it was boosting no problem until i tied the dp into the exhaust then the problems begain. i took off the muffler to see if it was maybe to restrictive but still nothing. found a clamp or two broken but no pipes ever blew off. i know that it is building something because if i rev it and let off you can feel the air come out the bov. fins on the turbo all look good no chipped fins or anything.

·
Registered
106 Posts
To clarify how shitified these ebay knock off turbos really are, I have taken two apart so far to inspect the center sections and both times I have found improperly installed oil seals (if they were present, which on one they werent on the compressor side), scoured impeller shafts, or improperly sized bearings. Those three things by themselves constitute a serious problem with a rotating assembly that requires precise machining and proper parts to operate as designed. One was new and the other had only a 1000 miles on it and was properly installed with an oil regulator, new oil lines, and proper priming and break in period. So, that being said, I would seriously consider saving yourself the hassle and either buying a junkyard turbo if you need a temporary as you mentioned or saving and buying a nice,reputable,name brand turbo. Chinese manufacturing is absolutely NOT the pinnacle of quality, they do quantity very well and thats about it. If youre buying a toothbrush, Chinese made is fine, if youre buying a turbo, its not. Period.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts