Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone.... I'm going to bring up the good ole eBay parts topic. I have did some research but looking for some first hand advice.

After moving to CO my turboXS RFL BOV had gave me issues. I was told that it was due to the altitude and that i needed a BOV with a lighter spring. So money is tight so i have been looking on ebay at the BOVs on there. Has anyone had any good/bad dealings with them?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
487 Posts
I ran a HKS style ebay BOV on my last setup. I never had any problems with it, but I've read that they leak under high boost. But I never noticed it.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
hey michael, im running the egay hks knockoff right now...but there are some hks knockoffs that are better than others i will find you a link to the better ones.

egay hks

·
Registered
841 Posts
you wont have any problems..some will tell you dif but when your tight on the money you gotta do what you gotta do man..its a hit or miss..for a temporarly BOV it will be perfect for your needs..thats the only ebay turbo componet i would run tho as for a turbo setup

·
Registered
852 Posts
Oh yeah my friends started to stick in the cold but I assume it needed to be cleaned cause it was pretty old and beat

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Maybe altitude does have something to do with it? Because Ive always owned china BOVs, and theyve all had too stiff of a spring. Ive got a TiAL knock off now, and it had the biggest spring in the world in it. So I put one a little shorter and softer in there. I figure, you need enough spring to help the valve seal when in boost. Thats it. IMO.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all of the input guys!

xxjdmcivicek9xx
hey michael, im running the egay hks knockoff right now...but there are some hks knockoffs that are better than others i will find you a link to the better ones.

egay hks
Thanks, i'll check it when i get home.

repusnam55
I have the hks knock off im in co too works great. ha how are you likin aurora?
its okay so far. still trying to find some cool car peeps to chill with but its cool here so far.

cervan
ive run 2 fake hks bov's and they have all worked fine.
you know you can go online and buy replacement springs for your BOV right?
I have searched for a lighter spring. I have even attempted to contact TurboXS. I may try to call them next week. finding a replacement spring is not the issue, its finding a lighter spring. I was told that i need a 7lb spring and it will work fine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

egay hks
did yours come with the flange to attach it to the charge pipe?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts