Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi D-Series.org

i am new to this site, and have heard many stories of the potential of SOHC motors. I have been in the JDM scene for almost 1 year and still learning the ropes. I was planning on swapping for an LS, but due to low funds i decided to go Turbo on the 1.5 liter non-vtec sohc. Anyways I am not expecting to run 13s or 15s...but something better then what i have now. The thing is i am such a noob i do not even know what parts i will be needing...

my friends tell me to piece a turbo kit up rather then buying a whole greddy kit or what not...it will be cheaper and better outcome or so they say.

Can Someone list me a turbo set up i could use or base my decisions on please? Thanks Alot guys!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phantom Civic said:
You should be able to hit a high 15 with a little boost on a d15.
really? but i have a lx/dx automatic in a 4 door

whats the typical potential on that and on safe boosting level?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
^^^^ just a side note...if that's ur car up there...that's...nice. clean n'classy - not my first choice in rims.....but that's def. in the direction i'm "planning." (off topic)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turboedpickup said:
^^^^ just a side note...if that's ur car up there...that's...nice. clean n'classy - not my first choice in rims.....but that's def. in the direction i'm "planning." (off topic)
yeah it is...thanks! only problem its slow...lol so trying to find out what i can work with with this slow stock motor

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
you may want to look into an a6 cam + y7/y8 cam gear...for a LITTLE uppity. but def boost...that's what i'm currently piecing together. i think it's been said around here that the "limits" of the d15b7 is approximately 180whp? (and that's on a PERFECT tune - someone correct me on this) - so yeah...whatever psi/turbo combo gets you that hp...then that's what you'll want to plan for. i personally am just aiming for 160whp, on my motor...until i save up enough money for a z6 swap...and then i turn up the boost to blow it up and put in the new!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts