Honda D Series Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,788 Posts
Close! :D 8000~8300. I think if it's small differences I will stay with this what is now without opening it. Only small port on inlet, because it is not matching enough with H22A throttle body, and polish runners in manifold (but again - as much as possible without opening manifold). Thank you guys!

Take new video, and enjoy! :) :

So that's how you kept it alive with the bad HG!!! Fabulous! Put in a "flow restrictor" and let it fly! Love it.

Reactions: spooneg3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
A little up on my part. Despite the fact that he was driving furiously to the end, I laughed through tears after opening, because the general condition of the engine was worse than I expected. Okay, let's start with the cylinders:

The engine took oil about 0.5 ~ 0.7L per 2000km (highway - constant 4000 ~ 4500rpm + two tracks)

Zawory:

Something is wrong with the injectors, because only on one cylinder the valves had the correct color, but ...

In addition to all exhaust valves screwed up, the clearances on the guides are the same as on the gearbox jack in the MA8 Civic with a mileage of 400k (very bad)

So I packed the head to be shipped for a major renovation and grinding, which makes me a bit broken (costs), but it has to be done, and in the background, as you can probably see, there is a second engine:

With a mileage of 45,000 km, but not to be so beautiful - it stood 7 years unused for what ...

The cooling system is suitable for thorough cleaning, and when I put the engine on the car, I will take off the bowl prophylactically and clean it from the old oil, which is probably more like jelly in consistency.

Overall, that would be it, this month I thought I would back up, but meanwhile I ran into even bigger debts. If only we could put it together and go to Modlin racetrack on April 30.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,788 Posts
I love translators some times. "Taking off the bowl prophylactically" just sounds hilarious to me!!

Man, it really would be amazing if you could get it on the track by the 30th. 17 days, and looks like all this engine needs is the water jackets/cooling system thoroughly cleaned before you could run it. Plus getting the right head on it. I know the stock head on this one won't do nearly as well as the one that was on the race car. Could lap the valves on race car head and then build the one off of this block to go back on it. You could make the 30th if you did that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I love translators some times. "Taking off the bowl prophylactically" just sounds hilarious to me!!

Man, it really would be amazing if you could get it on the track by the 30th. 17 days, and looks like all this engine needs is the water jackets/cooling system thoroughly cleaned before you could run it. Plus getting the right head on it. I know the stock head on this one won't do nearly as well as the one that was on the race car. Could lap the valves on race car head and then build the one off of this block to go back on it. You could make the 30th if you did that.
I'm really tired now, maybe today I will put down axles, gearbox and old engine... (I hope to finish it today).

Yeah translate - I'm using it not often, but if it used - will be very funny in some times as you said :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
A lot of text to be translated, I ran through the translator doing some minor corrections...

After the last competition on the Silesia Ring track, the worst possible scenario was confirmed - engine failure.
The car not only took the first place, fighting bravely until the last session, but also returned home on wheels.

After my return, I started to dismantle the engine in order to diagnose the fault and inspect the general condition of the entire engine. It turned out that everything has worn out very much over the years and the entire engine requires replacement, and the head requires a thorough and costly renovation in a professional workshop.

Self-disassembly of the entire engine with accessories without the use of a jack required a bit of thinking - how to go about it all, so as not to hurt me. Despite the lack of strength in my hands, it was easier than I thought.

The biggest worry, however, was the cylinder head - this one I sent to the other end of Poland by courier. Fear of whether it will arrive in full or the grinding shop will be able to fix it and send it back to me on time. It came 4 days before the competition - I had to "roll up my sleeves", put it together and put it on the engine, pin everything up and start it.

The first launch took place at midnight, 3 days before the competition, but the joy did not last too long - the engine died after a minute of work and did not want to start anymore. Looking at the watch with the thought that at 6:30 I have to get up to work, I thought with the last of my strength what might be wrong - I decided to check the timing. It was the goal of the "bull's eye" - the timing was shifted by one tooth.

2:30 am - the engine has started. A short drive back home and 2.5 hours of sleep. 8 hours of work in the morning, and after work running-in of the engine - 200 km route.

The day before the competition, everything was packed and ready for the trip, and the only thing left was to tune up the engine. I met with a tuner who corrected the ECU so that the engine got the right amount of fuel.

Everything was ready and packed and on Friday morning I set off from Zielona Góra to Warsaw on the way, making a stop in Wrocław from which, together with my friend Jerzy, we reached Warsaw. The route was uneventful, it turned out that I had completely forgotten to screw the EACV, which is responsible for the idling speed of the motor.

In the evening we went with friends to the Warsaw Old Town - to eat rolls with mushrooms. A delicious Warsaw delicacy that is a local tradition.

Rested in the morning, I set off to the Modlin track - I was there just after 7am with Michał - one of the participants of the competition.

Unpacking the car, mounting wheels on the track with slick tires, and removing the front right light instead of which I install a special air duct on smaller tracks, which supplies cold air to the air filter. Cold air - more oxygen. More oxygen - more efficient combustion of the mixture and more engine power.

My goal for the day was to be on the podium - at least 3rd in class, and my goal in terms of time is 1:06.xxx.

The first session, however, completely changed my perspectives and ambitions for this day, because after only getting to know the track, I finished the race with a time of 1:04.375, which was also breaking the previous D-PRO class record by over a second!

Another goal full of optimism was 1:03.xxx time and maintaining the first position in the class. It was not easy considering the fact that the stake was very strong and experienced. The next goal was achieved - time 1:03.832, but ... I fell to second place, giving way to Dawid from the LRacing rally team. The very talented and fast driver of this turquoise Honda:

I got a kind of motivating kick and my goal was 1:02.xxx. It definitely motivates me more than "I have to win" thought.

Another session and ... time improvement 1:03.336. It gave me a promotion to first place in the class and 7th in the general classification.

It was getting warmer - less favorable conditions for correcting times. Analyzing, resting, looking for shade, and regularly drinking water are the key things to keeping your mind sober and focused. The fourth session brought what I set as my goal: 1:02.545 - which was my best time of the day. It allowed me to escape the class by just over 0.7 seconds, where at the end of the day it was quite an advantage, considering that the difference between the second and third place in the class was ... 0:00.010 seconds!

The fight lasted until the very end, the weather, although it improved significantly at the end of the day - which gave a chance to improve the times, fatigue effectively took away this possibility. The exit from the last session and the sight of David's car leaving the track was the moment in which I had thoughts in my head, "He will definitely go faster ... there will be a personal best ... he will do it, I feel it ..." and so I watched him go one lap behind the second by refreshing the list of results at the same time.

And finally, we managed to defend the first place in the class - something I completely did not expect with a time that was far beyond my reach (before coming to this track).

The emotions that accompanied me that day are simply indescribable in words - you have to experience it on your own skin, all the rivalry, goals, conversations with people and the entire atmosphere at this type of competition is something I miss the next day and I look forward to another trip.

However, it was still necessary to return home. On the way back, I was extremely tired, so I had to stop every 50 km. On the second stop, however, it happened:

Under the influence of the engine temperature, the rubber curb under the car melted, which torn the bumper from its mountings when I was reversing. I still had a little over 400 km to drive. I drove the car forward and started the parking repair work. Finally, I managed to turn the bumper onto the broken hooks and continue on the road, which ran smoothly, and the entire service action gave me the strength to get home without any stop.

This is the end of this story and at the same time I invite you to watch my first vlog straight from the competition, in which, in addition to driving, there are conversations with other participants of the event as well as interesting facts about cars, including the flagship ones on the Polish Time Attack scene.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts