Honda D Series Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Is that vette a real ZR1? Cant tell if its a see through hood center or not, too much glare :)

The crown vics found their way to you, cause cons were trying to hide evidence haha "Ship that fucking car to Europe, we'll never get caught!"
I think it was a real one, but I'm not an expert in USDM cars :D
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I so want an 08 vic.
Me too - they are so exotic in Europe :D
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
After almost a year, here it is! I started cooperation with Ra-ce.pl, which is the official importer of MFactory parts to Poland. Helical LSD is going to be mounted instead of open diff :D
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

1. The gearbox was dropped (by the way, a car fell on my head) - the first time a car fell from the jack and the routine saved me, which is absolutely always since I have the car put on the blocks. The car dropped 1 ~ 1.5cm, and since I had my head right under the engine, I got a shot in the head while standing in the canal).
Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

2. The second "donor" gearbox and a few additional shafts dug out of the supplies
Gear Wood Font Auto part Metal

3. At the moment I'm fighting with taking the differential bearings off
Wood Finger Camera accessory Auto part Thumb

In general, when the gearbox is dismantled, I will also replace the grinding synchro and fifth gear ratio. The first time I put together a hybrid, I went to the classic, ie "3, 4 from DOHC JDM CRX, and 5th long for the highways". Of course, I regret it a lot now since I had to fasten a fifth gear on the track. The synchronizer fell after probably 3 max 4 sessions, not to mention this RPM difference between 4 (1.033), and 5 (0.750).

Now I have a gear ratio of 0.771 and 0.878 in the garage. I thought it would be a good idea to just upload these settings to the game and punish myself, but the problem was that I was not able to go straight as fast as live:

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,798 Posts
Race car? .771

Why are you trying to get the old diff bearings off? They won't be usable once you get them off, so new ones for the win, unless I'm missing something here.

Reactions: spooneg3

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,266 Posts
Still love this car and the way you manhandle it around a track. I hope your head is as hard as mine, a few dents don't seem to matter much. I hope the gear change and limited slip diffential pay off at the track🏆🥇

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,798 Posts
Speed sensor ring lol

And that's what I was missing lol. I knew there must've been some reason I couldn't fathom at the moment. Its been a long night of replacing a power brake booster on the kids 4 Runner : /

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Of course they are new bearings!

My head is in good condition too - I've got video from this accident (I'm recording vlogs from the garage) - maybe I will upload it cautionary.

As you know, I always pay a lot of attention to the car's weight and it is the same this time. I weighed open diff and LSD. The difference in weight is as much as 61% (I deducted the weight of the bearings)
Plant Green Automotive tire Wood Font

After opening the gearbox, I was positively surprised - after three years of track driving, everything looks really decent:
Automotive tire Camera lens Gear Gas Auto part

Three possibilities, the choice is simple: 29/33 for fifth gear. Finally my d13 will go to the cutoff on fifth gear 😆
Brown Rectangle Textile Font Wood

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,798 Posts
Fantastic. I've run the .878 5th on the highway before. Even did it with a 4.375 final drive. That was a bit much, but it also turned 9k, so it was good. It's going to fly!

• Love
Reactions: spooneg3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
My last weekend with first time on Silesia Ring race track be like:

• 1st place in PRO (1600) class with gap 7.5 sec
  • 14th in overall (48 cars in total)

Here is hot lap:

I know, it's boring, and a lot of mistakes (I'm currently learning this track), but here are best moments:

• Chasing rallycross +300hp with sequential gearbox Peugeot
  • Chasing 400hp EVOX wiith flying dash cam :D
  • Chasing another Civic, and over rev (>9000RPM)
  • Cooling issue (fan switch fails, and temp. was 110~115'C), fast pit-stop, forced switch on fan, and go ahead

LSD is amazing, but glory for camber-kit! Adjust (and extra -1' on rear) totally changes car! oversteer totally dissappear!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,798 Posts
wow!!!

So what happened to the head gasket and how did you keep it together and not overheating?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
So what happened to the head gasket and how did you keep it together and not overheating?
On full throttle throws fluid into the expansion tank. Coolant is dark now.
On the freeway at 4000rpm nothing of the kind is happening. After each session on the track, everything is wet and the tank is full :/

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,266 Posts
I drove mine around for probably 6 months like that, but it ran fine, and only got warm if the coolant level got below a certain point, usually after my 12 mile hill climb if it was above 95f. NA d series will often times keep running strong with a blown hg provided its got an MLS gasket and quality studs, just have to keep pouring the overflow bottle back into the rad, lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I drove mine around for probably 6 months like that, but it ran fine, and only got warm if the coolant level got below a certain point, usually after my 12 mile hill climb if it was above 95f. NA d series will often times keep running strong with a blown hg provided its got an MLS gasket and quality studs, just have to keep pouring the overflow bottle back into the rad, lol.
I'm afraid that it will finally be in order and there will be a big problem. I have already ordered OEM gasket and OEM valve seals.

Thanks!

I also want to do port work in my D16Z6 intake manifold (runners, and main bottle). It's worth?

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,798 Posts
I'm afraid that it will finally be in order and there will be a big problem. I have already ordered OEM gasket and OEM valve seals.

Thanks!

I also want to do port work in my D16Z6 intake manifold (runners, and main bottle). It's worth?

If you cut it open and do it right. I had a post on here somewhere from long ago that shows how to properly do it. I've done a bunch of them, and it definitely nets gains on the larger engines. Not sure on yours since it is a 1.3L. What RPM are you shifting at?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
🌙 moon 🌙
Close! :D 8000~8300. I think if it's small differences I will stay with this what is now without opening it. Only small port on inlet, because it is not matching enough with H22A throttle body, and polish runners in manifold (but again - as much as possible without opening manifold). Thank you guys!

Take new video, and enjoy! :) :

81 - 100 of 106 Posts