Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,167 Posts
Much thanks for this reply guys! About initialize LSD setup - I've bought it in the racing shop, where people with extensive experience with motorsport work (rallies, track racing, etc.). I gave them all the parameters of the car, from power to suspension settings, wheel size and tire type. They just set it to 1 / 1.5 and pre-closure to 40NM.
I would ask them if the plates are set up for 30-40%, 60%, or 100% locking. That will make a huge difference for you. They should know. If not, you can check before you install it. Hopefully they have it set up exactly as is needed for your car, but more than likely, unless they are installing it, it will likely be a box stock unit from MFactory.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
536 Posts
With the lateral g-force that car pulls off you may need to switch to a baffled and sumped fuel cell to avoid that issue. BUT... you took down cars with better power to wieght ratio, that's a big win in my book. I love to see a properly setup and tuned civic punching above its class.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
Dang! Did someone show your right side door some lovin' in the corner?

Seriously, this makes me feel so much better about my setup, knowing that you're pulling so many cornering G's with a stock oil pan and not having issues :)

Very impressive results!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
With the lateral g-force that car pulls off you may need to switch to a baffled and sumped fuel cell to avoid that issue. BUT... you took down cars with better power to wieght ratio, that's a big win in my book. I love to see a properly setup and tuned civic punching above its class.
Sure - my car was the weakest in its class and heavier than the fastest by about 153 lbs so... not bad :D

Was this with your new LSD installed?
No, it's still open diff. LSD is not arrived yet :( The only changes are removed front 26mm ARB, and adjusted valves gaps :cool:

Dang! Did someone show your right side door some lovin' in the corner?

Seriously, this makes me feel so much better about my setup, knowing that you're pulling so many cornering G's with a stock oil pan and not having issues :)

Very impressive results!
I will upload hot lap and this crash in the near future.

About oil pan - I prefer to fill it to the upper dot. No issues from last four years.

Great results!

yeah looks like the paint is a little scuffed
"because race car" :D This door now looks like a crumpled piece of paper :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yesterday "boring" hot lap, and today will be more interesting:
👉
Tour straight to the tires
👉
Shaking off the dust and chasing the Toyota GR Yaris
👉
Chasing the winner of this year's Time Attack
👉
Service action - quick door repair
👉
Driving without anti-roll bars versus car behavior on slalom (video from the spectator's perspective)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts