Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,314 Posts
With the lateral g-force that car pulls off you may need to switch to a baffled and sumped fuel cell to avoid that issue. BUT... you took down cars with better power to wieght ratio, that's a big win in my book. I love to see a properly setup and tuned civic punching above its class.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Every time I see this thing run it amazes me.
Geometry and convergence. Knowing that each wheel has a different camber, the toe-in on the rear axle is not yet possible to set ... here I would like to finally put it in order.
In regards to suspension geometry you have to think about how the rear suspension is basically a passive four wheel steering system on these things, on compression it toes out, and on drop it toes in, cutting the lateral force applied to the rear wheels and keeping them from breaking traction by pointing them into the turn. Several ways to take advantage of this on the track, I know you removed the front anti roll bar at one point, does it have a rear anti rollbar? Playing with different stiffness anti roll bars can net great lateral g-force gains by allowing the 2 sides of the rear suspension to compress or drop more on hard turn entry, even the front anti roll bar affects this as the hatchback chassis is pretty stiff and the front suspension will compensate to some degree for the rear of the chassis wanting to roll at the outer limit. Adjustable length link arms (toe adjusters), and adjustable upper control arms with a camber shim kit will allow you to dial in toe and camber change throughout the range of travel to keep the tires flat to the ground.
adding caster adjustment to the front will also let you reduce negative camber setting but still give enough negative camber as the wheels tilt into a turn to keep them flat as well.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The ALL MOTOR Civic 1.3 is pursuing the Audi R8 or the AMG A45, is that possible? You will find the answer below (including power slides at 140~150km/h).
Enjoy! 😎

🤯 I'm going to have to make a list...
#1 AMAZING camera work! Did anyone else feel like they were watching a Gran Turismo replay?
#2 You must have giant steel balls and an adrenaline addiction, because you took that thing WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYY past the point any sane person would.
#3 Your car still blows my mind.
#4 Whoever the passenger was needs a trophy for keeping that seat clean and dry🏅

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Still love this car and the way you manhandle it around a track. I hope your head is as hard as mine, a few dents don't seem to matter much. I hope the gear change and limited slip diffential pay off at the track🏆🥇

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I drove mine around for probably 6 months like that, but it ran fine, and only got warm if the coolant level got below a certain point, usually after my 12 mile hill climb if it was above 95f. NA d series will often times keep running strong with a blown hg provided its got an MLS gasket and quality studs, just have to keep pouring the overflow bottle back into the rad, lol.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I also want to do port work in my D16Z6 intake manifold (runners, and main bottle). It's worth?
Should net you small but measurable gains, the entries into the runners were a little rough on the 2 or 3 I went that far on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts