Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got oem D15z1 EG VX motor ready to be swapped out with a built d16z6 vitara motor.
The EG harness is oem VX with 5 wire O2 sensor in it and i assume the p28 ecu is only 4 wire ECU p28. manual.
is it necessary that i have to convert the 5 to the 4 wire o2 sensor?

if its needed how do i need to do the wire swap. i already have my 5 wire o2 sensor.
and how about the other VX components do i have to remove them from the harness? the p28 vtec don't have that egr things? can i just leave them out and just do the 5 to 4 wire only?
whats need t orun the z6 motor.
does anybody know if i have to convert this. pls let me know..
thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Yes you need to convert it. The p28 ecu can't read the 5 wire o2. You need the 4 wire o2 sensor,the female plug from the harness for the 4 wire o2 sensor.

Can you post pics of the plug on the engine harness for the 5 wire o2 sensor?

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you need to convert it. The p28 ecu can't read the 5 wire o2. You need the 4 wire o2 sensor,the female plug from the harness for the 4 wire o2 sensor.

i will get a post as soon as i borrow a friends phone.
How will i do the conversion? do i have to splice the ecu harness?
i got a used plug from a used honda that had vtec i just need to make my own wires to connect to the ecu. the problem is that i don't know what wire i have to put to into the ECU harness?

also do i need to cut off any other wires in the harness?
like egr etc? or do i just do the 4 wire conversion.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

ok i finally got the pic. the harness connector is actually 7 wires from the engine harness plug. the 02 sensor harness connector side is online 5 wires? wtf??

i got the pic of the harness, but not the 5 wire o2 sensor. i still have to find it i think i threw it away?

heres the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Trust me when i say source out a virgin z6 wire harness....it will plug into your chasis harness and then its just plug and play. The only wires that may need to be ran aare your vtec wires

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive already used the old harness i couldn/'t get a ex one. i just extended some wires. like sensors near the dizzy. area.
i got a ry wire sensor conversion kit.
i followed wiring. i looked the wiring color the A side of the pin is the same but the D plug harness colors where different.
i looked the schematic on the vx harness and EX harness schematic diagram the wires of the vx to ex where different colors o2 sensor but i still just used the position they told me to de pin and re pin with the supplied wire.

will that still work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Start it up and check for any codes.

6yrs ago I swapped a z6 with its harness into my vx with original chassis harness. 1 code came up everytime I would downshift for the 02 sensor. I chased the wires and found 1 wire did not go all the way to the ecu. It was on the extra plug that was not used. I de-pinned and repined to another plug. Never had the same problem again after that.

Maybe you have to do something similar to what I did but with the original harness on the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts