Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my EF is bein boosted soon, so i needed a EG radiator for my turbo to clear, now heres the problem, the radiator is about 1 to 1 1/2 inch taller then the full radiator, how the HELL do i make this fit??the way it sits now, the hood will never shut...any tips???i kno it can be done because ive seen pics of them on here before..thanks for lookin guys

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude do u sleep???lol ur always on...tilt the radiator towards to the engine correct??

because ive seen of people actually put them in kinda sideways, but i dunno, tilting it would make more sense, ill have to try that

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Here is my setup, worked with both stock X member and Aftermarket.

This setup allowed me to get the battery under the front bumper which helps with drag racing.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Make some brakets from 2x1/8" steel flatstock. Drill holes for a rubber grommet big enough to fit the tabs on the bottom of the radiator, then bend the flatstock to the appropriate hieght.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Mine's from a teggy, it fits fine. All my boys rock the gangsta lean though.

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
yeah i simply cut teh excess metel from the stock crossmember, i even cut the under side of the hood and tilted the rad, just to be 100% sure it woudl clear, probaly didnt need to tilt the rad, mine is zip tied in for now, using my stock fan.
and i also cut the top mounting nipple off.

it cools just fine, no leaks or anything

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just did my install as well.

I endend up notching my stock crossmember and then rewelding it. This lets the rad sit a little lower, but I still had to notch the webbing in the hood too. fits nice now with no 'gangsta lean'.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
There's a aftermarket one, thats bigger, I think that fits perfectly. I seen it on H-T awhile back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts