Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm about to pu an eg radiator in my 91 hatch and I wanted to know what all i needed to do the swap and maybe if anybody wants to throw in their 2 cents or whatever. Currently, all I have is a radiator off of a 95 del sol.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
You need an aftermarket cross member w/EG radiator mounts. You can also tilt it back to clear the hood with some kind of "custom" top mount. I dislike this arrangement immensely. If you're boosting, consider the cross member and traction bars. You'll free up a ton of room and your axles will thank you.

·
Registered
296 Posts
He hit it, Its too tall as it is for the hood to close, so like said either gonna have to come up with new mounts on the bottom (ie complete crossmember) or give it the gangsta lean back towards the engine which I agree looks tacky.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The innovative bar does look pretty cool but I have alot of other stuff to spend that money on for now. I think I might just do the ghetto lean for now and look into that for the future.
Can I not just cut into the crossmember some?

·
Registered
4 Posts
wouldnt recomend it but i wouldnt be telling the truth if i said i havent done it... for a temp. solution... inovative bar ftw.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
The innovative bar does look pretty cool but I have alot of other stuff to spend that money on for now. I think I might just do the ghetto lean for now and look into that for the future.
Can I not just cut into the crossmember some?
You can get by with hacking the living shit out of the radiator support. some have done this and got the rad to almost look like it belonged there. Mine was like this for a while. I hacked up the rad support and welded on some tabs for the rad to sit in. currently running a dual core and traction bar...plenty of room.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ps the bad part about a gangster lean is that the air will easily flow around the rad instead of through it. if you put some decent baffling around the rad a gangster lean would be fine.

like said, you can chop rad support up a bit and fit the rad in no problem.

·
11,892 Posts
dual core 1/2 rad + slim fan

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Here are some pics of mine I have traction bars so that helped alot. Took some trimming but it sits in there. You will have to cut your hood support with the stock crossmember. We did this on a friends and we hacked away a shit load

This is my friends with the stock crossmember like I said it was way more work we did alot alot of cutting to the radiator support to get that to slip behind the crossmember

·
11,892 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts