Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got a question i got a EG Vx model didn't come with any front sway bar linkages. Ive ordered front lower control arm due to old worn rotten bushings.
when i got the front lca it was like a EG universal kit or something. The LCA had a mounted bushing for the front sway bar.
The holes and i look online looks where the sway bar ends mount to.
if i order a front sway bar kit for my car oem from the parts store will i able to install it in my model VX?

ive already have the ends for mounting a sway bar i assume i can install?
since mines didn't come equipped with one what model EG do i order?
ive seen a pic that it bolts in the middle parts?

can i use a front sway bar for my EG?
what do i need to get this sway bar work?
where does the middle ones mount.
also do i benefit with this install. i asked the parts store they sell the oem replacement kit. but they said they not sure if it will bolt on to my Front LCA or the middle part?

i need to know b4 doing this install?
anyone did this with non equipped front sway bar EGS?

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Notice how on one of the "L" shaped arms there is a hole right next to the yellow Ex? you need this from an Ex or Si to mount a sway bar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
The middle brackets attach to the body on either side of the exhaust (pro tip: you will NEED to unbolt the exhaust to mount the front sway). You should see two sets of holes about 6-10 inches to either side of the exhaust ... honestly once you get under there and get the endlinks lined up it will be pretty obvious.

Also I'm not sure if the front LCAs are different but like BiggieBert said you will need to make sure those mounting holes are there (EX/LX/Si front LCAs will all have these holes and bolt right up). I know there were two different RLCAs because I had to get a set with the holes drilled in to mount a rear sway to my LX. The bodies should be the same as far as mounting points for the brackets, my LX never had a rear sway but had the mounting points for the brackets anyway. Honda is pretty good about standardizing.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notice how on one of the "L" shaped arms there is a hole right next to the yellow Ex? you need this from an Ex or Si to mount a sway bar.
okay the pic on the left side my control arms i bought from the parts store had those holes but my original car didn't have them. so if i order a front sway bar kit should it be from an ex? i assume the bushings end links go to the holes?

how about the body is there any pic to where the sway bar go to the body?
are there any bolts that bolt into? my EG vx im not sure if where or if a sway bar would fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts