Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic DX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well heres my dillema, i have a 92-95 cx tranny(total turd) in my daily driven 4dr, yea great gas mileage but total pooch. i also have a 92-95 ex/si trans with a blown diff and a hole in the case. also i have a 96-00 ex trans that has a bad input shafft, will all the gearset swap with no modding from the 92-95 to the 96-00 case? i want to take the whole 92-95 gearset and put it in the ek case with diff, jusut dont know if they are the same and if that will work or not

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
fix the 96-00 and install it, cheapest and easiest.

While black-knoght is right, ALOT of shimming and changing over bearings is needed.

For about $150 including gas the 6g EX ISB can be repaired, your only 175 miles from me.

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic DX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see for 150 i can buy another si trans, tryin to get through this with not too much money spent, both of my cars have trannys just my 4dr is a pooch, has a y8 and a cx trans, it blows majorly, and im not putting it in the CX case, i have a 92-95 ex/si trans with blown diff and a hole in the case, and a 96-00 ex with bad input shaft but other than that i think everything is ok, havent torn it apart yet to find out

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
see for 150 i can buy another si trans, tryin to get through this with not too much money spent,
Gotta pay to play, i would gladly give transzex $150 to touch my trans in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
id just fix the 96+ tranny if all thats wrong is the input shaft bearing. either way, youre probably gonna spend around $150 anyways...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts