Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 civic cx cdm
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thinking of rebuilding this with new koni orange or yellow, eibachs or h&rs, also replacing all the trailing arms control arms etc, but im not sure it is worth it for the condition of the under body attach points...

here some pics let me know what yall think..

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics but as long as it is just surface rust along all those mounting points then it should be fine, if there is holes in it than I would say no. Some things can be replaced with new/used parts that aren't rusted, like the control arms and what not.

Again it is hard to tell by the pics. If you can push on the metal and its solid than go for it, if its mushy than pass on it and drive it until she dies.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
It looks like there are some decent chunks of the fender well are missing. I'd suggest starting with a SOUTHERN chassis.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
your car is worse than mine, and its been 100% in the rust belt.

I sugegst removing all suspension components (borrow a good torch!!) and going to town with a wire wheel.

get all that rust off, and see where you are at.

use a paint specifically for rust applications to seal everything nice and tight, and go ahead with your suspension upgrade if you see no structural failures.

I highly suggest JB80 as your parts loosener. spray a hefty amount all over the joints once or twice a day for a week leading to you working on it.

It will make things fantastically easy to remove IF the JB80 is able to fully soak the rust. It works great in short intervals at the shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts