Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an eg with a single din dvd player that retired its like ten years old.
i got it used but i used it like about one year worked good not anymore.
im use to having a dvd player system. i use now a regular kenwood single din cd/mp3 deck.

im looking on getting a double din center console but i can't find one.
should i just go with another single din dvd player??

what are some good single din dvd decks out there and anyone is using in an eg.

also i looked at some center consoles that looks like it has a single din on the bottom instead of a double din center. with the coin pocket.

did anybody use a single din center console with a single din dvd player in the center console????

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
you may run into clearance issues using a single din with the audio console. I like double dins for fact that it has less moving parts. So less things to break.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
eBay or any of the trillion other sites that pop up when you google it. Be prepaired to pay 250+ for one.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
eBay or any of the trillion other sites that pop up when you google it. Be prepaired to pay 250+ for one.
Yup, they used to be $100 (which IMO is a lot lol)... now its crazy expensive

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup i think 100. bucks or 100. plus bucks is pushing it. its hard to find but its way to much for old/used center console.

has any one used a single din center console slot with a single din dvd player?
looking for pics but cant find. with only one single din slot center console.

also im looking for anybody that has a single din dvd player in the original audio single din slot near the a/c controls.

i might go that option instead? what are some good single din flip dvd slots????
and using it for a nav system would be great also. dvd music videos etc also.. mp3
what are some good brands you guys have experience with...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Drop DOWN 1 DIN's work better for the EG

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone have pics of their cars with single din dvd installed on the bottom center consoles????
or single din dvd players on the top audios???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a single DIN Clarion NZ500 installed in mine in the stock location. It has built in Navi, Bluetooth, ipod control, camera input, DVD, HD and Sirius tuner options as well. Works great and does the job if you're looking for an all in one unit that's a name brand. I also have an EQ, the Kenwood KGC-9044 installed in the optional audio console in the bottom.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have a single DIN Clarion NZ500 installed in mine in the stock location. It has built in Navi, Bluetooth, ipod control, camera input, DVD, HD and Sirius tuner options as well. Works great and does the job if you're looking for an all in one unit that's a name brand. I also have an EQ, the Kenwood KGC-9044 installed in the optional audio console in the bottom.
Old school clarions were the shit. Like..98-2002. Those things could be kicked while playing a cd and not skip. Buddy had to much air coming in from a bed cut sub install and the clarions were all that would play and not skip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts