Honda D Series Forum banner

Eg CAI in Ek?

995 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  civik 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I've searched for this and can't get a straight answer.
If i put Z6 head and intake mani in a Ek cx(D16y7) will the Cold air intake from my Eg(d16z6) fit?
Sorry if this is obvious. I've just bought the 99 hatch and don't know much about Ek's and eg compatibility. If anyone has any info on anything regarding eg to ek compatible parts that would also help.

cheers

#3 ·
Will do when i can. I've just bought my ek hatch and am noticing the similarities and differences. It seems the ek mounts push the engine forward and to the left a little bit in comparison to my eg. There is also no hole in the chassis where the cai would poke out into the bumper. I thinks i can just cut myself a passage. i dont know though. i am a noob after all. Just looking for some input. I'm very excited to get my nails into the ek and see just what can be done. plan on obd1, y7 to z6 minime and perhaps d15b pistons. this will be of course an ongoing project. I have learned lots seaching the "d" and it's all going to good use. thanks to everyone.

can i rep everybody all at once? jk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.