Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I bought and ordered myself a set of Benen Tow Hooks for my EG front and back.
I did buy it due to i have always ended up towing my car due to running it very hard or it just not drivable. Hopely it will not happen anymore.
I also bought it because tow hook looks awsome.
I seen some at the race track even some fast cars use them. but i havn't seen anyone towing or using it so far.
I also ended up damaging my front tow hook oem passenger side due to running over a curb. The dang curb damaged the tow hook and slightly under the radiator support. I am not planning on replacing i tried banging it back but the mounting bolts are slightly caved in so i was thinking on buying oem but it wont seem to be worth it.

I cant wait to get them.
My question is did anyone installed a EG benen tow hook and actually pull their vehicle with it with that so called TOW HOOK accessory???

please let me know if anyone did ever use to tow their EGs with the front BENEN tow hooks.....

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I used two pieces of angle iron to make a c channel and welded it to the front of the core support...drilled a hole top and bottom and bolted in a connecting rod...they towed me off the track with it no problem

Connecting rod tow hook over bennen

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
^ i like your style. I used my rear ine once it worked but scrapped the hell out of it gave it "character" or a reminder that i shouldnt get stuck again lol

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did anyone else ever used a front tow hook to tow it with?
i was thinking about using two bolts instead of only 1 bolt to mount it there. The frame has only 1 hole already drilled.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
ya i used a front tow hook on my 96 civic and had my bumper ripped off, its for looks if its attached anywhere to the crash bumper like most people install them. i want one of those tow straps that hang out of the front bumper

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
My blox traction bar has tow hook things built on. I've never had to use them yet but seeing some of you have pulled a car by a jdm tow hook I feel alot better about it lol those things are so flimsy but actually make a convenient cup holder when working on a car.

On a budget I think the tow straps suggested above would be best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts