Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just need some advice. My 94 ej1 has an a/c issue where the compressor only turns on when you either press the a/c button with force and hold it OR when you move the wire with the green plug behind the climate control box. either way it is shorting somewhere. should i just buy another box?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Doesn't sound like it's shorting, sounds like the switch contacts aren't closing the circuit properly.

If you feel like pulling apart the switch and cleaning / bending the copper contacts, you could try that first before replacing it.
that sounds like work ...

but yeah do what he said.or just change out the switch .
if you want to make sure the switch is the culprit just jump the wires at the switch..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't sound like it's shorting, sounds like the switch contacts aren't closing the circuit properly.

If you feel like pulling apart the switch and cleaning / bending the copper contacts, you could try that first before replacing it.
that sounds like work ...
but yeah do what he said.or just change out the switch .
if you want to make sure the switch is the culprit just jump the wires at the switch..

oh it is a b**** to get out, i still haven’t figured out how to get the green plug out of the dead center of it, but i’ve been thinking about scrapping the box all together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also might i add that sometimes when i get it on i can feel the compressor kick on and off CONSTANTLY when driving, before it finally just shuts off. even when i came to a stop at my job the other day it fluctuated until i mashed the button with my thumb, then did it later on my lunch until i moved the wires on the plug (after scrapping my dash) and it would only kick on if i sat there and held the plug/ pressed the button. idk how that messes up like THAT but oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts