Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did honda make a civic with a 1.6 non vtec 92-95, i want to do a obd2-obd1 conversion to use uberdata, but i don't really want to do a z6 minime (veen thought that's prolly where i'm gonna end up) i just want to do the conversion, so does honda have a 1.6 non vtec ecu for 92-95 or does it even matter? can i get a eg dx acu and use that one?:???:

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got an ek but i plan on using uberdata, does it matter if i get an obd1 ecu that isn't 1.6? i mean i have a p28 but that's a ecu for a vtec engine. can i still use that? if i have to, i'll just do a minime with a z6 head, but i'm trying to avoid that. nah mean?

S

·
0 Posts
You can just raise the VTEC engagement to past the redline so it won't engage or have you thought of the EG Coupe 1.5 loom, it has MPFI. It shouldn't matter what size the engine is as long as it uses the same Fuel Injection because you can change the maps with Uberdata anyway.

·
Registered
643 Posts
tank said:
did honda make a civic with a 1.6 non vtec 92-95, i want to do a obd2-obd1 conversion to use uberdata, but i don't really want to do a z6 minime (veen thought that's prolly where i'm gonna end up) i just want to do the conversion, so does honda have a 1.6 non vtec ecu for 92-95 or does it even matter? can i get a eg dx acu and use that one?:???:
Yup
The SOHC ZC NON VTEC OBD-1.
Basically the same PM6 based block and PM3 head found on the NON OBD 88-91 SOHC ZC
The only external difference being that HONDA switched over the the P08 VTEC type intake manifold and everything of course being controlled by Greyplug OBD-1 style electronics.

·
Registered
643 Posts
transzex said:
sweet, about 115-117 hp?

See, even the one folk learn daily.
Indeed
Still rated 120ps by HONDA but I know for a fact the Timing and Fuel Curves are improved over the previous NON OBD "PR5" SOHC ZC ECU

Wait til I start digging into the 96^ SOHC ZC NON VTEC engines
So far I like what I see:
Y8 style metal HG
Y8 style "P2K" stamped INT Mani
I'm planning on dropping one of these in the CRX just to see what they put out since I get a lot of questions about these

1 - 7 of 7 Posts