Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ey this kid want to race me with his v6 mustang and id like to know if i have a chance

my mods
d16z6
intake
exhuast
header
test pipe
accord injectors

hes prolly got intake maybe exhuast

not a bench racer would just like to know if i have a good chance or not before i get bad rep on my car with its new swap

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i think you could prolly beat him i have a ef,and my girls uncle has a 00 mustang v6 they dont feel like they have any top end power IMO

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
x2 but if u beat him you can say a 4 cyl. whooped his a--

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
especially if u have like I/H/E it should be a open and shut case

·
Registered
836 Posts
v6's mustangs or camaro's aren't really anything exciting. One of my good V6 kills was an older guy with his wife in the car trying to act like hot shit in his 6'er. From a dead stop I even pulled on him....then after I got to 65 and let off he did a ricer fly by from about 5 cars back. Bet he wasn't getting any that night lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ima give it a shot. I think its a newer one but what ever i dont think the kid can drive very good anyway. hes the type when the flag goes he will drop and spin um for a while and ill be out.. hopefully. This ones kinda weird kuz its my girls ex b/f and hes a "bandwagon car buyer" hell buy a car just kuz someone else likes them. so i kinda want to show him that he made a wrong investment you know:TU:

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
transzex said:
what year stang?

1964-2004 = you'll take him
2005-2006 = your gonna get spanked!
x2. The newer ones have torque to boot! I guy lined up beside me and he had a brand new Gt, it had dealer plates on it so I no he was testdriving it. Light turned and I was watching his ass end. But on the other hand, this guy I work with has a 1992 lx stang talking so much shit all day about how his stang can eat my hatch! Went to the track one weekend he ran a 15.8 I ran a 15.3. And beat him four more times before night was over. That was last summer, and he does'ent say shit about his stang when I'm around. I bust his balls all the time about how I own his ass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
v6 stangs only rev to like 5k there is NO top end at all.
and that guy in the 5.0 LX, tease him about being a sucky driver.
a friend of mine had one with I/H/E and fresh rubber he ran a 14.0 and I ran a 14.3 in it. I used to have a 98 GT. I miss the power and the drop top. But my EF should be just as fast if not faster when the engine is done. and ill get 30MPG! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update: Alright guy i raced him. 4 times! won every time. first gear is pretty even ( i have an si tranny) second gear his front end is at my passenger door/ my hatch window glass. by the end of tird i had a car space between us on him and he couldnt keep up. i pulled him every gear sept 1st that was pretty even.

mods
d16z6 in lightend up hatch (front and rear bumper supports)
intake
full catback
test pipe
header with little port matching
b18a1 TB
stage 2 clutch with xtd 7 lb flywheel
si trans
short shifter

lol every time i race my cd deck flys out and hits me in my arm when i shift into second. lol anyone else have this problem??? :)

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
transzex said:
nope, we prefer to properly install our radios instead of being unsafe :)
:werd: Wait....what radio? :confused:

Good kill though. A little more work and you'll be smoking V-8 slowstangs N/A.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
good kill. and easy way to fix your raido problem is.... if its a good cd player with mp3, give it to me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts