Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might have been asked befor but i didnt see it on my search. I have a y7 in my Ef, can i wire up the obd2a dizzy to work on my pm6 ecu? Rywire sells a 8 pin obd2b-obd0 adapter but my obd2a dizy has 9 wires. Any feed back would be great. Maybe a wire diagram for the 96 y7 dizzy?

Luke

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am using the a6 diz but its pretty old and i had to grind it alot to get timming right, i just wanted it to look beter and use a newer diz with this motor. just wondering if i could wire the obd2a diz to work?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have a link or anything with the distributor wiring harness pin layout wire color code for a 96 y7 diz?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there a specific reason why i cant use the 96 diz with my pm6? wire harness is easy to make. what makes this not possable? im tryn to make do with parts i have available to me laying around my garage.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
why dont you just use a y7 dizzy on a p06 ecu. That works unless you have a preferenence on which one to use.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why dont you just use a y7 dizzy on a p06 ecu. That works unless you have a preferenence on which one to use.
Ahh nice, didnt know i could do that. So obd2a diz will work with obd1 po6?
I still need to make the harness for the diz. Anyone have a wire layout of of a 96 y7 diz harness...ill just go clip some harnesses from the yards today and break out the solder iron. maybe obd1 would be beter option anyways if i plan on building the extra y7 head i got instead of mini-me. My last mini-me was cool but i want power down low also not just at 5500+.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts