Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasssssup y'all. So I got me a pre bent 12 point roll cage from jegs I'm gonna be putting in my 90 ef sedan here soon and I was wondering if any of you guys have any good tips or tricks/insight before I started. Just curios.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Get a good tube notcher, and cut slowly with it and use a lot of water to keep the hole saw cool, and it will easily do more than one roll cage.

Fit up is important, take your time.

Weld the hardest parts first and dont tack it down to the plates until all the hard parts to weld are welded up. If you can move the cage around its easier to get the angles you need. You can also use a hole saw to cut holes in the floor of the car, so you can drop the cage down a few inches to weld the top seams/joints. Then slide the 6x6 plates under the cage but over the hole saw holes you put in the floor, and ur good to go!

Clean the seam sealer as much as you can before you put the plates down. Get a friend to watch for fires while you weld. Use a fan to get fresh air. Low heat, short tacks are the way to go here. Blowing holes in the thin sheet metal is never fun and going in too hot will result in a weak weld.

If you can put a bend in your 6x6 plates, and tie them in to the floor, and the rocker seams, they will be much stronger than just being on the floor.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
Ditch the Jeg's kit and buy 200-250 LF of correct tubing.

See some guy named Blake in Georgia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts