Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I'm goin crazy here. I bought, or I thought I did, the correct sized rotors/ calipers for my 1990 ex sedan except the calipers won't slide far enough over the rotor to bolt on.
These are the rotors and here is a pic of the calipers I bought. I can't imagine they sent me the wrong part. Don't 90 ex's come with the bigger 262mm front rotors? Ima call them on Monday and see what's up but I figured might as well ask here first.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-AND-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-Integra-Civic-Insight-Fit-/390555631743?fits=Year:1990|Model:Civic|Submodel:EX&hash=item5aeeee007f:g:CLIAAOSwWxNY0S09&_trkparms=pageci%3Ae7954181-173a-11e7-a02b-74dbd1807d00%7Cparentrq%3A2c0d9e6415b0a861dfff59fdfffee871%7Ciid%3A8

Attachments

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
dont ever buy brake parts from a wseller who thinks it fits 30+ years of hondas.

hop onto autozones website, find the rotors for your car, they have measuring diagrams that are usually fairly accurate.

then measure the rotor you have and see if it matches.

that will tell you if something is up, or if you got the wrong part, or if the seller is a ree ree

EDIT rockauto.com. sometimes cheaper than ebay. and you do not need drilled or slotted rotors, even if you are racing.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Cheap drilled rotors are going to stress Crack with heat cycling, from what I remember, is that the holes need to be cast and not drilled. Your more than likely got the wrong rotors anyway, but yes, the ex rotors are the largest of the dx, si, hf, and ex

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Autozone gives me 240mm rotors when i put in 90 civic ex and orilleys gives me 262mm rotors when I put in 90 civic ex......

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
oreillys does not specify body style and offers both 260 and 240mm

autozone is generally more accurate than oreillys

you probably need a 240mm. the 260mm is probably for wagovan 4wd models

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
The civic ex brakes are heralded as a diy big brake upgrade for all ef and Ed chassis, (as well as the 90/91 integra's)

Measuring your old rotors will probably be the best option, since your having issues.

Also, if your looking to track the car, there are a lot of better options for brake up grades
DIY: No BS, direct bolt-on 11" Big Brake Kit for EF's! - Honda-Tech

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The civic ex brakes are heralded as a diy big brake upgrade for all ef and Ed chassis, (as well as the 90/91 integra's)

Measuring your old rotors will probably be the best option, since your having issues.

Also, if your looking to track the car, there are a lot of better options for brake up grades
DIY: No BS, direct bolt-on 11" Big Brake Kit for EF's! - Honda-Tech
Thanks for that thread actually. Good ideas in there. Anyone know how to identify 90 ex spindles vs Dx or any other ones really? This car was pretty Frankensteined when I got it so I wouldn't doubt If these aren't even ex spindles in the first place. Any stamp code or something? Googling elsewhere for now.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I can look at mine tonight. I have them out and on the bench. Mine are original for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well they're defs dx spindles.... so I got ex calipers and rotors and dx spindles. Hmmmm. Someone prolly swapped em for their car a while ago. Got a wrecked 2000 civic ex coupe in the driveway. Think those spindles would fit lol?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
camber will be all kinds of screwed up, and using Skunk 2 arms to fix it will result in the knuckles breaking as well as destroying the Skunk2 balljoints.

White 81 EX EF Sedan, knuckles were sold and EK DX knuckles used to fix the camber when the car was slammed. When I raised it up to a sane ride height the camber was positive.

Tucking those 13's

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I looked at them last night and forgot to write down the numbers, my apologies. Glad you figured it out.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
camber will be all kinds of screwed up, and using Skunk 2 arms to fix it will result in the knuckles breaking as well as destroying the Skunk2 balljoints.

White 81 EX EF Sedan, knuckles were sold and EK DX knuckles used to fix the camber when the car was slammed. When I raised it up to a sane ride height the camber was positive.

Tucking those 13's

LOL @ 81 EX EF Sedan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts