Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in the process of finishing up going through the brakes on my 89 Civic hatch. I've used DA front spindles to get the bigger ones up front, a 15/16" master, 40/40 prop valve and the rear trailing arms off a CRX SI to bring up the backs.

Only problem is the CRX parking brake cables are too short on my hatch. I've read using DA cables works here and there but cannot find that information definitively. Just looking up part numbers on rockauto it appears DA cables are roughly 5 inches longer than hatch cables, but that being said all those hatch cable numbers cover drum brakes too.

Other than the parking brake everything else works great! Advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
88-91 civic hatches did come in Some trIm models with rear disc...

·
Registered
247 Posts
DA parking cables fit perfectly did the conversion on my hatch 2 years ago. And only the SiR came with rear disc, all 88-91 U.S. Civics came with rear drum brakes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DA cables work, I have them on my 1990 HB. You just have to get creative running the cables to get rid of the extra length.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
damn. the rare time I see an SI hatch around here, its got rear disc. Just checked a 91 hatch SI on a honda parts website, it had drums.

Correctionj noted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts