Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does n/e one know if the doors and front windshield from a CRX are interchangable w/ an EF hatch? I need to replace mine so if they're interchangable it'll help me broaden my search. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: MiloReaper87

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
I have some extreme doubts cause the CRX is more short in height measure that shit and let see what happen no one im possible u cant change is the sedan with any of the other not even the hood!!!

Bumpers Fenders and hoods yup but windshield hmm im in doubts!!!

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
I have some extreme doubts cause the CRX is more short in height measure that shit and let see what happen no one im possible u cant change is the sedan with any of the other not even the hood!!!

Bumpers Fenders and hoods yup but windshield hmm im in doubts!!!
Yeah something like this......maybe ....:lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
i know the doors wont. door panels yes. (hint hint: crx door panels and dash look clean in EF's) the windshield would be close...i'm gonna go with no, but it IS a possibility. mods had a good idea, why don't you go to a honda original parts website and see if the part number is the same... this is a good site www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
i just checked it out...different part number.

Reactions: boostdelinquent

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info ya'll. Maybe I can get this car back together somewhat by January. I'll be posting up a thread about it once I get it over to my house in a week or two.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i own a hatch and a crx and i could go do some measurements tomorrow for you and try to give you a more educated answer and as for the part numbers most companies will put a different part number regardless of whether it is the same thing because it is for different cars i have worked in parts before and it is stupid but makes more money because of rarerality of certain cars but not parts.

Reactions: boostdelinquent

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i own a hatch and a crx and i could go do some measurements tomorrow for you and try to give you a more educated answer and as for the part numbers most companies will put a different part number regardless of whether it is the same thing because it is for different cars i have worked in parts before and it is stupid but makes more money because of rarerality of certain cars but not parts.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Hatches are a dime a dozen around here but finding a good CRX is hard to do and parts are even harder (well for a reasonable price). The one I'm getting is rusted to hell and has all the windows busted out so I have to source the parts for it. Fortunately, my friend gave me the rear hatch from his old CRX and some other parts. :TU:

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
just checked out my hatch and my crx and by my measurements unfortunately it wont work, due to the windshield on my hatch is about two inches longer from hood to roof than my crx sorry

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I was thinking about putting my CRX windshield on my Hatch since I nicked it while taking the hood off. My plan was to put tinted lexan where the gap is, but I'm not sure if I'll just have it repaired since that's simpler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts