Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I posted a couple weeks ago with my list of options for cars to buy to start my build. Well, I picked up an ef hatch that wasn't on my list of options. I snagged it up as soon as I found it.
$200 purchase price not running. I believe it is a dx body since it has no sunroof. It has a d16a6 with an si transmission. I brought it home, fixed some terrible wiring from a battery relocation, bolted on the intake mani, poured some gas in and it started up!
So, I started to pull the motor. I have a d16a block with a z6 head to put in. I'm still going to use the si trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also bought a 99 integra for the interior. It has a running lsv in it. B18b1 block and gsr head. I'm going to keep some interior and the tires and sell the rest. Also came with a brand new in the box catback exhaust that I am going to try and make work for the ef. And I will also keep the misimoto radiator that's in it.

Attachments

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why not put the ls vtec in it
Well, that was the original plan. But the opportunity to make money was too great. After keeping some interior parts I sold it for $900 and a bunch of ef parts. I've had plenty of na b series. Really wanted to try a turbo d series this time

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
EFfin sweet ED you got there, in for more.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Apart from the pictures being blurry I dig your style. I have learned every angle of my car by taking part in its restoration alone in my garage all creepy like. It has taken my life over, I sit and ponder, work a bit and continue to make it better slowly, Im broke as fu%^ so it has all been by my hand.

Keep it up we love the pics around here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya sorry I'm taking all the pics on my phone. Thanks though. I went to buy more turbo parts today and turns out the guy does hydro dipping. So I jumped on a good deal and got my valve cover done.

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I was just poking, dont take me serious, unless Im serious. I expect you will understand my tone through type too, lol.

Looks cool, my buddy bought a tank and is getting his shyt together to have a small hydro dip setup. I am curious how it holds up under heat cycles and such, I havent done much research I admit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, I've gotten a lot done over the weekend. Finally got my gear sets and shift fork back in my si trans. Clear coated my valve cover. This I was nervous about. Last time I tried to use spray can clear on a valve cover it came out milky white. This one turned out perfect. I just used about 5 light coats then one medium wet coat. Little overkill but it looks very deep.

I also bolted my dx trans to the motor and dropped it in just to see what lines up where and if I have to extend any wires. Wiring is my weak point so I am still gathering info and trying to grasp the dpfi to mpfi swap.

I also picked up a crx hf manifold with a t3 flange, garrett t3 turbo, and an intercooler. I'm not sure what the intercooler came off of.
I still have the dsm t25. I'm not sure which one I'll use yet. Probably the t3 because I already have the flange for it and it isn't liquid cooled.

Incase I haven't mentioned prices, so far here is what I have into everything:
89 civic dx (d16a6 motor and si trans) - $200
D16a/z6 with dx trans - $300
Dsm turbo - $40
T3, manifold, intercooler, hydro dipping of valve cover - $131
Seats and center console - came out of teg that was sold for a profit.

So after paying $425 for the teg, then selling for $900 minus seats, console, tires (I also got a bunch of ef parts including my chipped p28 with that $900), and spending $671 on everything listed above, I'm only into all this so far for $196.
A budget build doesn't have to mean being cheap, just being resourceful.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
That is pretty badass, I see it in your profile pic but the low res and small photo make it look like wood grain. You didn't want to add any AN fittings to vent the VC/block, it looks like you are going turbo, any reason why?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts