Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 door ef and i got a d16a1. The guy told me it was a zc but i found out that its not. it came out of a 88-89 acura. What will i have to do to get that bitch in there. Mount wise...

Anyone..

·
Registered
968 Posts
you will have to fabricate a driver's side mount - you have to use the ED/EF transmission, but it won't bolt correctly to the D16A1 block - you can get most of the bolts in, but not all - you will need to do something with the starter - the starter on the ED/EF has one long bolt that goes through the transmission clutch housing into the block, but the D16A1 block has no hole for this bolt - you could possibly tap the hole that is in the transmission and use a larger bolt? - if the engine is actually 88 or 89 you will be o.k. - you will have to do the wiring modifications at the distributor same as ZC - if it is actually 86 or 87, you have problems since the 86-87 used a vacuum advance distributor which is not compatible with the wiring, ECU, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. I have another question on the exaust cam there is little box almost. it has 2 wires coming out of it. I have no clue what is is or does???

·
Registered
968 Posts
ok. I have another question on the exaust cam there is little box almost. it has 2 wires coming out of it. I have no clue what is is or does???
that is the Cylinder Position Sensor that tells the injectors when to fire - on most Honda engines, the Cylinder sensor is inside the distributor

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o ok. That makes sence. So im guessing i run those wires to the dizzy??

·
Registered
90 SI Hatch, 93 EJ1
175 Posts
have fun with that almost not worth doing too much work for not much more power. if the engine is throttle body injected just get a multiport manifold and new distributor that has the position sensors. you will get more power not as much as the a1 but alot easier.

·
Registered
968 Posts
o ok. That makes sence. So im guessing i run those wires to the dizzy??
since it is a LX, you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes to your LX engine harness in order to add wires for the 2 additional injectors and for the Cylinder Sensor - when you do that, the 2 wires for the Cylinder Sensor run directly to the ECU

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the wiring going to be that simple...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts