Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not sure if this is bad or Im just trippin.

anyways i picked up my z6 motor to move it across the garage with my bro (head is off the block, #2 and 3 piston are down, # 1 and 4 are both up) so we move it and as we were carrying it the number 1 and 4 move down to half way. do you get what Im saying? they where at TDC but then they moved to about half way. am I trippin about it or is something wrong....? cause my bro gave me this motor cause something happend to the block (we dont know it was like knockin) so he got a new one and I was going to rebuild this one for turbo

oh ya and 2 and 3 still stayed where they were

bad bearing? crankshaft gone?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya off subject, Im new to SAFC's, my friend is selling one for 60 is that a good deal? or should I just save up for a safc2 or a neo from Apexi?

what are the differences anyways? I tried looking but i cant find where they have any differences

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
1st of all... very hard to read what you were saying... Maybe need to invest in english classes before building motors...

If I understood your post correctly, you were moving an engine with the head off, and the pistons on cylinders 1 and 4 moved while the other 2 pistons stayed where they were.

That sounds impossible, unless the 2&3 rods are both broken in half...

As for AFC's, get a chipped ECU and learn how to tune it with Crome...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
1st of all... very hard to read what you were saying... Maybe need to invest in english classes before building motors...

If I understood your post correctly, you were moving an engine with the head off, and the pistons on cylinders 1 and 4 moved while the other 2 pistons stayed where they were.

That sounds impossible, unless the 2&3 rods are both broken in half...

As for AFC's, get a chipped ECU and learn how to tune it with Crome...
Couldnt have said it better myself :TU:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo shit broke son. it shouldnt do that.
well obviously, thats why we took out the motor in the first place, i was asking what it could be

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
well obviously, thats why we took out the motor in the first place, i was asking what it could be
The rods are not connected to the crankshaft.

How that occured? No clue, seems odd to break 2 rods and not throw one through the block.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh well , hopefully the block and crank isnt damaged, im putting new ACL bearings, TT rods and vitara pistions in anyways

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Then yeah, lets hope it's rods, cause them bitches be leaving anyways.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just cant see how the rods just break...bent ya...break not really... i hope its just the bearings, cause i dont want to get a new crank, cost $$$ and id rather just spend the money on a new block

·
Registered
113 Posts
its called fatigue. over time the metal will stress and fatigue. Then it will eventually fail or break. Even if the block is messed up the head might still be in good shape. If this is the case then just get a new block which can be found cheap and build that one with the Z6 head. You can use an A6 block with Z6 head.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do i have to get a new block? fuck, i dont want to spend any more money than i should (head is fine, got it checked at a shop a couple of months ago). we'll before i go spend more money, I'll take it apart and see whats wrong

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
we'll before i go spend more money, I'll take it apart and see whats wrong
sounds like the most reasonable plan of action to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts