Honda D Series Forum banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I like that car! Great story on it too! Looks like such a fun project.The alloy wheels look great compared to the ones it came with. How the heck did a mechanic tell you the engine was blown and not check oil level!? Maybe it just caused him too much stress when it stopped running and he just through his hands up. Did he seam suprissed when you got it running and drove it away?
Na not really. I have a feeling that he probably scammed some old lady, and bought it off her for nothing telling here the motor was blown because he didn't know how to fix it. Then just flipped it for profit. Whatever, these are rare as over here and usually they're in hammered condition so i was happy to take the gamble.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Can't remember if i posted this, but the drivers seat had seen better days, and finally got the replacement bags fitted and the new headrests. Trying to find the right fabric was ridiculous, but i lucked out on some wrecked car in Ireland:

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Got a RWC and registration sorted, wheel alignment and then on the road! Spent all weekend cruising around, groceries, cute lunch dates etc.Still haven't got the A/C gassed yet, and it was 30°C all weekend but not even that stopped me from enjoying it. Here's a montage of my last couple of days.

And a mate watching me fry like an egg:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,777 Posts
jelly of the hachiroku

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
What are those large tanks off the sides of the houses? Rainwater collection?
Yep rainwater! That's not the main house there, it's a relocatable home at the back of the property that his son lives in. I'm guessing it's just easier to run it off tank water than to plumb it into mains. I've got a smaller slimline one on my place though that's about 3000L that i use to top up the pool, water gardens, wash the car with etc. It just gets so hot here that you burn through heaps of water keeping everything alive. Also we go through droughts and water restrictions every couple of years, so it's a necessity if you want to keep a clean car.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,842 Posts
Yep rainwater! That's not the main house there, it's a relocatable home at the back of the property that his son lives in. I'm guessing it's just easier to run it off tank water than to plumb it into mains. I've got a smaller slimline one on my place though that's about 3000L that i use to top up the pool, water gardens, wash the car with etc. It just gets so hot here that you burn through heaps of water keeping everything alive. Also we go through droughts and water restrictions every couple of years, so it's a necessity if you want to keep a clean car.

Funny that rainwater collection is now mostly illegal in the "land of the free"

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,299 Posts
you can't tax rain water.
Nope, but you can get arrested for keeping it here...

NC you're allowed to collect up to 600 gallons of runoff from your home or property.

Any more than that, you can be charged!!

Ahhh, so THATS the secret that keeps your cars so freaking spotless.

You need to create a product line called SHRain, stands for Southern Hemisphere Rain. Its basically just Armor All lmao

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
WTF, on what grounds? For what purpose? Insane

Nope, but you can get arrested for keeping it here...

NC you're allowed to collect up to 600 gallons of runoff from your home or property.

Any more than that, you can be charged!!
That's nothing, and those tanks in the pic are only little ones, you should see the size of some of the tanks on rural property, they're huge.

Ahhh, so THATS the secret that keeps your cars so freaking spotless.

You need to create a product line called SHRain, stands for Southern Hemisphere Rain. Its basically just Armor All lmao
Damn, new side hustle! hmu for some fresh SHR. 😂

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 · (Edited)
So booked in to get the AC gassed yesterday, tried to give them a call but it just told me to send an online enquiry. So i explained that it's a 89 civic with a brand new A/C system that just needs to be gassed up, they came back to me by email and the receptionist was like "Sorry we don't work on cars older than 2000 because it's likely whatever caused the A/C to fail in the first place will likely need replacing and parts are too hard to find, so avoid your disappointment we don't accept the work, thanks".

I'm like fkn hell did they read my email at all. Kept calling until i got through to a person and explained to the receptionist how the response didnt make any sense. She ended up agreeing and booking the car in for a gas and a mandatory 24 point check for $50 bucks. I'm like, i don't need the check, i just want the gas. yOu HaVe To HaVe ThE cHecCk. Whatever.

Dropped the car off and ran through it with the tech who was actually super helpful and loved the car. Gassed up without issues, and surprise surprise a brand new A/C system managed to pass their 24 point check.

The A/C place was also next door to the workshop i had the EF motor built at, so i was over chatting with the tuner there - He's G'ing me up to turbo the EF, tbh now that this is on the road, i reckon that'll be my next adventure.

anyway... WAGON NOW HAS AC. Shitchyea. About to go and get tint done. :D

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,777 Posts
whats with the shorts above the knees? lots of pics of dudes in shorty shorts and boots lol, you straylins are weird lol.

dont get me wrong, I still want to visit the murder land of upside down

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
whats with the shorts above the knees? lots of pics of dudes in shorty shorts and boots lol, you straylins are weird lol.

dont get me wrong, I still want to visit the murder land of upside down
With pins like mine, why not show them off?

161 - 180 of 185 Posts