141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
bro, you have a 4/60 a/c installed from factory, dont make it harder lol

(4 windows down at 60mph)
That roadtrip me and my mate did to pick up the motor has scarred me. That was legit the hottest i've ever been in a vehicle, you just cant escape the sun with this much glass 😂

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
That roadtrip me and my mate did to pick up the motor has scarred me. That was legit the hottest i've ever been in a vehicle, you just cant escape the sun with this much glass 😂
Had me dying laughing!

Tell me that wouldn't be the most badass chicken/meats rotisserie cooker, a wagon converted to cook foods.... all that glass to show off the slowly rotating meats.... mmmmm

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Merry crimbo D fam. (and happy 1000th post).

Hoping to get this project wrapped up over the break (or at least, driveable). TBH, not that much left that needs doing so i need to pull my finger out.

Replaced the RTA bushes with Hardrace:

New wheel cylinders and shoes:

New drums:

Anything to do with the rear trailing arms is usually a PITA and this was no exception, drums suck.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
So i recapped the whole head unit that i picked up and the problem with the audio quality is still the same. SOB. Anyway, i had an old JVC head unit which i bought back in '05 which i still don't mind the look of. I'll install that for now and maybe come back to the other head unit if i have the time or the inkling.

Audio harnesses are one of my biggest pet peeves, they're always ghetto AF. Originally i had a shop fit this head unit into my first ED, and i still had the 'harness' they made. I wish i took a pic actually, it was such a mess. Every wire had two sets of bullet connectors on it, and when i tried to pull the connectors apart the wires fell out of the back of the connectors lol. Anyway i needed to make a new one because i'm fitting an amp too, the wagons have a perfect little spot behind the glovebox so i made a bracket and fitted it up in there:

I still cracked the old headunit open and soldered the bluetooth unit onto the board so that now when i change the source to AUX, it streams via bluetooth. My new harness:

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Finished off the audio install, the bluetooth connectivity is so awesome. Also got my interior reinstalled, and drove it out for the first time in nearly a year :love:

Was good to get it washed up

And then tucked back away again lol

Feels so good to have it mobile.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Dude, I don't understand... that red bucket must be filled with Armor All....

Its not that the glass and panels are super clean and reflective, its that the rest of the planet can't physically touch it due to a protective barrier of some kind....

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
And now I can't unsee the single bulb headlights.................and clear corners.............AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

JDM take my money..........

sheesh

• Haha
Reactions: EFB055
141 - 159 of 159 Posts