Honda D Series Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,684 Posts
About your brakes, you'll want the bigger DA brakes than the EF as they to crack the hubs.

Well known Joe Moser/Garrett Dunn CRX

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Track sesh booked for this Saturday, we also got the lightweight crank pulley slapped on. The car is going to be working hard this time, the way the entry was structured previously we were both taking turns driving the car on 'one entry'. They've stopped letting us enter like that now, so we've both had to enter ourselves separately which means we'll be in separate sessions to each other and the car will be driven twice per round. Hopefully it holds up, it'll be along day!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,167 Posts
How did the track session go? Probably still going lol! And that crank pulley is crazy looking!

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
How did the track session go? Probably still going lol! And that crank pulley is crazy looking!
It was a big day, car ran great through the general practice all morning, then the second half of the day was timed sessions and there was tonnes of traffic on track, and crazy high winds which sucked. There was a hole bunch of idiots in brand new RS5's, M5's, a Cayenne turbo (wtf) on track all running about 5 seconds slower per lap than we were, and they'd hold us up in the corners (you're not allowed to pass in the corners) and then leave us for dead on the straights. Super frustrating, clearly family money, i don't think any of them looked over 25. They packed up after a couple of sessions though, and when we finally had a clear track we ran into some mechanical issues. The car started to break up under load, sounds like something ignition related but we didn't have the tools to diagnose it at the track so we packed up early :/ Still managed to do nearly 200kms so it was still a decent sesh i guess.

I managed a 1.05.6, my previous PB was a 1.04.9

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
269 Posts
Track sesh booked for this Saturday, we also got the lightweight crank pulley slapped on. The car is going to be working hard this time, the way the entry was structured previously we were both taking turns driving the car on 'one entry'. They've stopped letting us enter like that now, so we've both had to enter ourselves separately which means we'll be in separate sessions to each other and the car will be driven twice per round. Hopefully it holds up, it'll be along day!

What did that crank pulley come from? Our crap can rally civic had ps/ac and we're still running the huge pulley.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
What did that crank pulley come from? Our crap can rally civic had ps/ac and we're still running the huge pulley.
I lucked out one day at a wrecking yard, there was an imported ED hatch there (it was New Zealand new). It was a single carb D13 with a factory half rad, manual choke, manual windows/mirrors, manual steering rack (grabbed this for my sedan), no AC and a single belt crank pulley. Full peasant spec!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,167 Posts
Oh to have clear corner lights for my wagon and one of those single groove crank pulleys for the Turbo ZC :) What a score!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts