Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
still pissed off at you for all the no rust old cars,,they don't even have cracked windshields, wtf ,crazy world..
There's plenty of shitboxes getting around, i just don't take pictures of them hahaha.

Actually, i lie. I took this pic in South Africa earlier in the year, right before the borders closed:

The longer you look the worse it gets...

Awesome to see that you're using a DOHC ZC (y) Love the build.
They're great bang for your buck over here, everyone rips them out of CRX's to go B, so they can be had for nothing... And i'm kinda fond of the big D

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
989 Posts
still pissed off at you for all the no rust old cars,,they don't even have cracked windshields, wtf ,crazy world..
Its because the trees down there drip Armor All for sap....

Seriously, I have no idea how this guy comes across such beautiful old finds, then tends to them with full restores :)

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It makes me think that when you prime it, the rail has pressure, but then its just running off that pressure and dying... We've got a fuel pressure gauge we'll hook up and see what it says. Then i guess i'll do a continuity checkover on the engine harness... Anyone got any other ideas to throw out there?
So we threw the fuel pressure gauge on, the feed line has pressure when it primed, and maintained pressure while it ran and died. I pulled the return off and we primed again, and the damn thing was dry. I figured we must've left on a protective cap or something in the fuel filter which was between the pressure gauge and the return line. We pull it apart and find that the banjo bolt that attaches to the end of the fuel rail was jam packed full of spiders and insect nests/eggs.

Pulled the rail and inspected the injectors to see if any stray crud had flowed through but it all looked good. Slapped it back together and it now runs mint!

What a dumb problem lol. Also had a visitor:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,743 Posts
so many mixed emotions.

at first I was

but then I

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Dropped in to have a beer the other weekend and things are nearly finished up with this thing. There's a track day coming up on the 7th of Feb that we're hoping to be at. Since last time i was there, my mate had fabbed up an exhaust, inspired by the Realtime Racing team's prelude 1/2 exhaust:

The RTR prelude exhaust for reference lol:

All we really need to do is mount the rear sway bar and finish fitting the CRX dash.

Took a couple of pics of the track pos next to my mates minty ED.. Love the cappuccino brown:

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Spent the weekend tidying things up, fitted a DA rear swaybar:

Got the interior finished up, still will probably put some block off plates in the gaping holes where the radio and HVAC used to be:

Went to give it a quick alignment and noticed one of the steering rack boots was torn in half, but it was ripped right behind where it passes through the subframe so somehow we missed it, so we swapped that over.

Also fitted a DA lip and dragged it outside:

Took it for a quick spin around the block and everything seems to be working ok. It's probably going to be both the loudest and slowest car on the track.

Was so satisfying washing off 18 months of dust.

Next week my mate is taking it to get an alignment, and to hit up a weigh bridge to see how we went with our weight reductions. I've been keeping track of what we've taken out and put back in, and assuming the car was 1020kg (2250lb) to start with according to the brochure, i reckon we'll land around 940kg (2070lb). Super keen to see though.

Looks like we're locking in the track day on the 7th of Feb as it's debut. It's an all day session with general practice until lunch, then timed laps until the evening. I've got a few mates running Honda's around there so keen to see what we can get out of this thing.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts