Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,029 Posts
man these cars don't exist anymore in this country :(...
still jelly of the shed but it would be a little thin here..

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pretty decent weekend on the pos last weekend. We bought some dry ice and took up all the sound deadening:

It was hot AF, and we used about 4kg of the stuff. I also managed to accidentally lay on it at one point and now i look like i've been branded, lol. The floor came up great though:

We decided that we'd run the front half of the carpet so it didn't feel like a complete POS:

We weighed the insulation that we took out, and including the rear half of the carpet we removed a little over 5kg's. Which, tbh is more than i thought it would weigh. We're planning on running a harness too, so i removed the stock seatbelts which were a little over 1kg each and a couple of rear trim pieces which added up to a total of around 10kg.

We've got a seat lined up too from my mates yellow EG which some of you have probably seen from my build thread, but I didn't get a chance to grab it before i head over... So we'll probably work on fitting that next time.

Besides the insulation, we also finished up the motor so it's ready to get installed. This motor is a bit of a parts bin special, we're piecing it together from various bits and pieces i had left over from old motors and builds, so there's a couple of bits and pieces we had to fix to get it to run properly:

It's running an OBD1 intake manifold, and the TB is supposed to run an FITV, so i had to make a blanking plate to block the vacuum port:

The alternator was also OBD1 which means it runs a 4 rib pulley which would be fine because the back spacing is identical, but the clearance between the alt and the shock tower is tight in the ED chassis, so we swapped the pulleys over to the 3 rib pulley from the oem d15.

Checked and set the valve lash, which was pretty bang on and installed the PS pump which we ended up deciding on keeping.

We're not running any of the HVAC system behind the dash, so we welded the port closed from the Tstat housing to the heater core:

The hoist is mostly installed, still have a couple of bits to do on it, but hopefully next time it'll be finished off and we can get it up and sort out the fuel tank, because trying to sort it out on the floor sucks.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
How does the dry ice work? The result looks good.
it cools it solid so it chips off instead of peeling and leaving behind residue

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How does the dry ice work? The result looks good.
it cools it solid so it chips off instead of peeling and leaving behind residue
Yep. Once it's cooled it stops sticking to the floor, tap it with a hammer and it fractures like glass and doesn't leave any sticky residue.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts