Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

New here, so I have a couple of questions.

I have a 1986 CRX with a browntop EDM ZC. It´s rated at 125 hp.
Does everything that fit ZC in general fit this engine as well?
Are there any OEM-pistons I can use that yields higher CR?
What about clutches? I know it has 21splines and measures 200mm, but witch one exactly can I purchase?
Are there any headers that can be used w/o portmatching? That is made for ZC?
The ignition is vacuum-advanced, so practically I can´t tune it?
How do I tune it if I add larger cams and so on?
Which cams can be used with stock springs?
I´ve once read that Bseries or H22-throttlebodies fit any D-series intakemanifold. Is this possible on the ZC also?
Everyone here in Sweden says that B16 is the only thing, but I want to try something else. Have had a few VTEC´s before, so can I make good performance out of this?

Sorry for the load of q´s

Regards

Niklas, Sweden

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
my only expierence is with black top zc's I don't know very much on the edm browns, try another website thats more dedicated to zc's u might find some gearheads in thier with some great info, Thezcr.com great site good people, not saying this site is bad but no help in a couple of days i'd try a new website too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok........

Browntop and blacktop ZC's are mechanically the same.........

the only real difference is the Dizzy, #1 cylinder position sensor and intake manifold (including sensors on that)

if your in the USA....

go to the junkyard and get 88-89 integra pistons...these are domed and pop right in...(same block)

also fyi all bearings seals rods ect are the same as the 86-89 integra...

the whole browntop thing is pretty much intirlly based on wiring...
The 86-87 integra came with the exact same engne as what you have................

Ok I just noticed that you are in sweden......

Blacktop Civic/Crx ZC or d16a9 (not sohc or b16) pistons they are the same bore everything.....they will pop right in....you can even use the piston rings listed for your car

also

www.RedpepperRacing.com

that site is the absolute shit for what you need to know....those guys speciallize in your exact car!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know bout redpepper. Just thought I should check other sources too.
Thanks for your answer, perhaps aftermarket piston would do. Our engines are kinda low compression, so a slight bump there should result in some hp. Or does the blacktop or d16a9 give the same result? Are there any cheap cams I can use with standard valvetrain?

Nuki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts