Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the Edelbrock Performer X for my d16z6 but the problem is that it says its for the 96+ d16y8 I don't know what the difference will be because to my knowledge the d16z6 and d16y8 are the same well except that the d16y8 has a better flow than the d16z6 but I'm curious and I don't want to waste $270 for the Intake manifold and then for it to not fit. So help me out thanks

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
They all fit. Some of the newer D16's had air injection. The Y8 manifold comes with little plugs to block off the holes. And you will need to use the fuel rail for what intake you order. Z6 and Y8 fuel rails are different

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i'll have to use a d16y8 fuel rail?? aren't they the same??

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well still I'll have to buy a new fuel rail mine as well do it now. thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
isnt the TB on the Y8 tilted towards the front of the car and the Z6 mani is straight off the plenum? I think they do had different PN's

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the edelbrock open track kit on my y8 right now and i didnt know they made it for the z6 but the motors are similar i dunno if it would fit up right or not why dont you call edelbrock and ask them they would know for sure. Also have you thought about just getting the open track kit and useing uberdata and chipping it with chrome and saving some money or just running motec or hondata if you want to spend the money on it. Ive heard the fmu that comes in the performer x kit isnt the greatest above 8psi

·
Registered
280 Posts
well are you talkin just about the intake mani or a turbo kit?

if you do not plan to run high psi, your stock z6 intake mani should be fine.

matt

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm talking about the intake manifold> and yeah I plan on going pass 300hp probably around 22-24psi on the tdo6 20g that's why I want to upgrade the intake manifold I just don't know which one is better edelbrock's or skunk2

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
edelbrock performer x intake manifold for d16z6
part # 4754 for natural finish and part $ 47541 for polished

go with this one over skunk2...edelbrock designed their performerX at the same time they designed their turbo kit...thus it is made for maximum power for turbo engines (mostly at top end)...skunk2 designed their IM for all motor engines...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Also, the purge-cut valve is different, and the TA sensor will need to be installed in a slightly different way than stock.
If you can get a Z6 one it will be the easiest. I got a Y8 model, because someone on here had one for cheaper than a new one.

I changet to a Edelbrock fuel rail, due to the fact that there aren't any Y8s here in Norway...
The TA sensor I just glued (using something called Sikaflex) into one of the tapped holes.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats the TA??/(THROTTLE ADJUSTER??) and which one is the purge cut valve??? any pix of how to do it??

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
TA sensor = Intake Air Temperature sensor.

Take a look at the attached picture. It shows the intake manifold, and all sensors attached.
I suggest you register at www.hondahookup.com and download the service manual, from which this is taken.

Regarding how to do this with a Y8 manifold on a Z6, it should not be too difficult.
I take it you have access to Y8 parts, and therefore should be able to get fuel rail w/all attached parts for it.
I think the purge-cut solenoid sits on the fuel rail itself on the Y8.
The TA sensor sits in the intake pipe on the Y8, but I glued it into the manifold back.

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
edelbrock performer x intake manifold for d16z6 part# 4754 for natural finish, $110 for the test piece from Edelbrock.

Ask GITWIDIT :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
s_18 said:
TA sensor = Intake Air Temperature sensor.

Take a look at the attached picture. It shows the intake manifold, and all sensors attached.
I suggest you register at www.hondahookup.com and download the service manual, from which this is taken.

Regarding how to do this with a Y8 manifold on a Z6, it should not be too difficult.
I take it you have access to Y8 parts, and therefore should be able to get fuel rail w/all attached parts for it.
I think the purge-cut solenoid sits on the fuel rail itself on the Y8.
The TA sensor sits in the intake pipe on the Y8, but I glued it into the manifold back.
isnt the IAT sensor the intake air temperature sensor?

matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts