1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will love the 1502 kit. i have had the kit on my B7 for about 6 months now with out any problems. if you have any questions fell free to hit me up.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Home made turbo kits are all the rage around here, but if you are looking to just buy one, edelbrock is a good choice. That or greddy would be the only kits I recommend to people trying to avoid doing a homemade kit.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
id stay away from kits, unless you got the money to blow and you are car illiterate. you can piece one together for half that, and possibly have better parts.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Rexinre has the Edelbrock kit and he likes it. I've been in his car and it hauls ass.

Personally I like homemade kits better. It may take longer to gather the parts, but its definately cheaper.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
nice kit, but its fuel management kinda sucks and you can build a nice kit yerself for a lot cheaper!!
agreed...the provided fmu is good if you dont plan on altering the kit and you have stock spec internals...otherwise i would run a standalone ems, but thats jus me...

oh yea, i like my edelbrock kit...

if money is issue but u want a kit, look at the godspeed kits being sold on here for under a grand http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59351

·
Banned
752 Posts
Go with a kit if you have money. Piecing together a kit takes time and knowledge of what you're buying.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
slight threadjack: found this kit for cheap, would the fuel management from the kit work on my 00 y7 till i can get it chipped or is it specifically for the y8... lol it might be a dumb question but ya know....

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
its a piggyback computer to control the extra injectors that come with the kit i believe... thats why i was curious about compatibility... also i heard its a little better than an fmu, but thats just what ive heard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts