Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
24-7 said:
I like mine and there intake manifolds are on engines that make 900hp.
So that hacked sohc manifold is on a 900hp d-series sohc engine? That manifold doesn't look like it will do well on a sohc engine. Its short design limits it to high rpm performance and the sohc engine just doesn't breathe well enough or rev high enough to make good use of it. The Edelbrock victor x shorty style manifold actually causes many of the b-series folks to lose power in a n/a configuration... As for you liking yours, have you put it on a dyno?

·
Registered
924 Posts
kommon_sense said:
So that hacked sohc manifold is on a 900hp d-series sohc engine? That manifold doesn't look like it will do well on a sohc engine. Its short design limits it to high rpm performance and the sohc engine just doesn't breathe well enough or rev high enough to make good use of it. The Edelbrock victor x shorty style manifold actually causes many of the b-series folks to lose power in a n/a configuration... As for you liking yours, have you put it on a dyno?

http://jgenginedynamics.com/engines2

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
24-7 said:
Notice the caption on that sohc engine :

jgenginedynamics said:
Working rev. range 6,000-9,000 RPM
Not practical for a lot of us. Like i said, its a shorty that only gives gains in the high rpms and can actually cause you to lose power below that...

The standard Edelbrock is a much better choice for 90% of us.

·
Registered
1997 integra
5 Posts
I'll wait on Craigs/GITWIDITS review of the Z6 Edelbrock manifold.

Wait, did I just say Edelbrock Z6 manifold that has yet to be on the market????????
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I now own that specific manifold Craigslist used to have. Putting it to good use on a D15 project. Are there any dyno results for this intake though? Would really like to see specifically if it would be good for my 10.7:1 set up.

·
Registered
ek hatch
73 Posts
Im going to be going with the edelbrock im as well on next boosted build (with port work) unless i find a reasonably priced sk2 ultra

21 - 33 of 33 Posts