Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi am considering installing a d16y8 intake manifold from edelbrock on my d15 in my 1991 honda crx dx.. installing a d16y8 head and doing the mpfi swap as well.... have contacted edelbrock told i might have an issue with the manifold hitting the firewall, was thinking of just putting a obx manifold for a d16a6 but it seems not alot of people think their quality is very good ( i myself have never seen or used any obx product) was wondering if anyone has performed this swap or if there is any links to a how to on this? tried search feature but have been unsuccessful trying tgo getting most power i can out of the d15 without going forced induction any comments/ assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Use a Z6 intake, the Edelbrock or OBX is too big. Their intake is made for turbo setups, not NA.

They were gonna do a test run on a NA style intake, but I never heard back from them, but was on the list.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone seen any kind of dyno run comparing the various intakes for the d series (non turbo-d)? z6 intake an improvement over the a6 intake? only thinking of oem,obx, and edelbrock ...heard too many bad things about skunk...valvetrain anyways...to justify paying so much for their product. i assume the obx is a copy of the venom intake manifold? thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts