Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you all let me know how well seated the nuts are on your Edelbrock Performer intake sit?

Because mine were absolute shit and the IM needed serious modifications out of the box.

It doesn't look like they tried to install it once. But I haven't heard this complaint before so maybe most dont care/notice.

LMK,

Thanks

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Can you all let me know how well seated the nuts are on your Edelbrock Performer intake sit?

Because mine were absolute shit and the IM needed serious modifications out of the box.

It doesn't look like they tried to install it once. But I haven't heard this complaint before so maybe most dont care/notice.

LMK,

Thanks
1 bad nut area on the top DS likes to sit caca

I would fall into the don't care category you speak of.

· Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 4 on the top all sat with just the bottom of the nut flange digging into the radius like a dumb shit.

I just hogged the radius out like an animal. Desperate times. Works much better now in my opinion.

· Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,103 Posts
2 of the stock shoulder nuts would not seat all the way due to lack of clearance around the stud holes. I found one nut without a shoulder and used that and left the other one alone for now until I go buy the last nut.

· Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't matter if you extend it a foot from the head,

Im talking about the Firewall side of the flange where the nuts seat.

I'll post pics.

Edelbrock definitely slacking more.. I was pretty upset.

· Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
1,522 Posts
Im talking about the Firewall side of the flange where the nuts seat.

So am I nuts are flush, my intake was used not new, previous owner may have fixed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.