Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the release date on this. i really want to see how much and what the difference is. i might sell all i have and buy it if its good and can be found under 3k

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it should already be out. I can tell you the Greddy kits are a direct bolt on and you can get one with a large fmic for under $2300.
www.alamoautosports.com

also witht he extra $ you could get a hondata, and 440 injectros asnd have the car tuned properly to run 11lbs of boost and (unless u get the 3 bar then u can go 14 lbs) with it properly tuned.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go custom and use uberdata for fuel management. You will be able to buy rods, pistons, clutch, exhaust, etc... with all the extra money you saved.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oscarmayer said:
it should already be out. I can tell you the Greddy kits are a direct bolt on and you can get one with a large fmic for under $2300.
www.alamoautosports.com

also witht he extra $ you could get a hondata, and 440 injectros asnd have the car tuned properly to run 11lbs of boost and (unless u get the 3 bar then u can go 14 lbs) with it properly tuned.
i have the greddy kit and the large fmic.i just want a kit that will push more than 15lbs on a regular basis.i really dont think the edelbrock kit can handle more than 15 though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oscarmayer said:
www.alamoautosports.com

I bought mine from them 3 years ago and I sell them for a LOT less than what they charge now. :shock:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rexinre said:
kyosoeg6 said:
whats the release date on this. i really want to see how much and what the difference is. i might sell all i have and buy it if its good and can be found under 3k
Difference between what?
between the96-00 and the 92-95 civic turbo kit

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you have a 3K budget on a turbo kit,
I'd get the Drag kit in a second. I personally know several people that have used the DRAG kit and hit 11sec on stock blocok d16 motors with just the BASIC kits.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exospeed*com said:
I'd get the Drag kit in a second. I personally know several people that have used the DRAG kit and hit 11sec on stock blocok d16 motors with just the BASIC kits.
They're not worth that much money. The DRAG kit is a $1500 kit, at BEST. The exhaust is not bolt-on, the turbo generally isn't clocked for you from DRAG, the FMIC is small, the the Deltagate is plastic and ugly compared to a Tial unit. If I were going to spend $3k, it would be custom. Also, I'd like to see a daily driver, stock D-series block and internals hit 11's. The only guy I know that's came close to doing it had a stripped-down CRX with slicks and it wasn't street legal. Also, he was using a turbo that's larger than the Turbonetics T3 running 16psi.

At 11psi, I'll eat another D16Y8 Civic with a DRAG kit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
SleeperCivicEX said:
exospeed*com said:
They're not worth that much money. The DRAG kit is a $1500 kit, at BEST. The exhaust is not bolt-on, the turbo generally isn't clocked for you from DRAG, the FMIC is small, the the Deltagate is plastic and ugly compared to a Tial unit. If I were going to spend $3k, it would be custom. Also, I'd like to see a daily driver, stock D-series block and internals hit 11's. The only guy I know that's came close to doing it had a stripped-down CRX with slicks and it wasn't street legal. Also, he was using a turbo that's larger than the Turbonetics T3 running 16psi.

if hes got a stripped down crx with 16 psi and he can't get into the 11's, thats sad. there was a guy on the importspeedsouth.com forums with a 95 civic hatch d16z6 with i/h/e, hondata, and a 50 shot hittin mid 12's, so with a turbo, proper tuning, a good clutch, and slicks with a stripped interior that shouldn't be out of reach. and tell your friend to learn to drive.

·
Registered
430 Posts
burningwrek said:
SleeperCivicEX said:
exospeed*com said:

if hes got a stripped down crx with 16 psi and he can't get into the 11's, thats sad. there was a guy on the importspeedsouth.com forums with a 95 civic hatch d16z6 with i/h/e, hondata, and a 50 shot hittin mid 12's, so with a turbo, proper tuning, a good clutch, and slicks with a stripped interior that shouldn't be out of reach. and tell your friend to learn to drive.
Im not understanding where these noobs get off thinking they can talk smack to anyone and everyone on the forums. I think that we should make up a literacy test that you have to take before you become a member. just so no more STUPID noobs join
too much hostility coming from the new guys

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
burningwrek said:
Right. And I'm sure that you were there to see it happen too... :roll: I'd LOVE to see a video of that happening, or was it mid 12's in the 1/8th mile? Oh, my "friend" cut a sub 2-second 60' with a FWD car. I'd like to see you do that. I see you have no idea how hard it is to drop a second in the 1/4 much less anything else. Read a book. :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SleeperCivicEX said:
exospeed*com said:

SleeperCivicEX... we have come so far since we first started arguing about "custom turbo kits" vs "pre-fab turbo kits"... I am so proud of you. :D

Now I think we need to have a talk about fuel management and ECU chipping. :wink:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SleeperCivicEX said:
burningwrek said:
Right. And I'm sure that you were there to see it happen too... :roll: I'd LOVE to see a video of that happening, or was it mid 12's in the 1/8th mile? Oh, my "friend" cut a sub 2-second 60' with a FWD car. I'd like to see you do that. I see you have no idea how hard it is to drop a second in the 1/4 much less anything else. Read a book. :lol:
i dont understand how that rex didnt get 11's. and also whats so hard about cutting 2.0 or better 60ft times. i do it all the time. i drive a hatch fwd.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
beerbongskickass said:
SleeperCivicEX... we have come so far since we first started arguing about "custom turbo kits" vs "pre-fab turbo kits"... I am so proud of you. :D

Now I think we need to have a talk about fuel management and ECU chipping. :wink:
Nah, I really haven't changed and think that a pre-fab kit is great for beginners. :wink: For myself, I'd like a bad-ass setup that a kit can't provide. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SleeperCivicEX said:
Nah, I really haven't changed and think that a pre-fab kit is great for beginners. :wink: For myself, I'd like a bad-ass setup that a kit can't provide. :D
Well if the person has some automotive knoweledge and is a DIY person I see no reason they couldn't go custom if they are a beginner. I just installed mine not too long ago and it was a very good learning experiance and I am glad I did it. I had a couple guys there that knew exactly what they were doing though.

A pre-fab kit would have defintely been easier and if you don't have the tools (makita chop saw, welder, etc...) or somebody to help you that has did it before it might be kinda hard. Having a muffler shop do your IC piping and downpipe would be a pain in the ass having to fit everything then drive drive and have them weld it. I guess it just depends on the person and their abilities. I can see how a pre-fab kit might be a better idea for some. I don't really expect a beginner with no automotive knowledge that can't change their own oil to attempt a custom turbo kit though lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts