Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I put a y7 block/y8 head in my car over the weekend, and I ran into a snag. The ps line will not connect to the y7 pump. I have to use the y7 pump because it has to match lthe crank pulley, obviously. Switching crank pulleys doesn't work, the ef one doesn't allow the motor to turn over, it seems to be too wide? Idk . I tried changing the pulleys on the ps pumps, but there a different style nut/bolt combo that hold the pulley on to the pump. So how do I get around using ps on an obd2 motor swapped ef. I know the same issue arises if you use an obd1 motor too, however you can just swap crank pulleys then.

Help. I want ps. Premature bushing wear ftl.

·
Registered
89 ed
476 Posts
It may be a little more work but if you had the y7 power steering line ends and the original ed power steering lines, there are shops out there (like the wrecking yard i work for) that can cut the crimp, attach the new fitting and recrimp the end to oem specs. my boss does for guys making custom stuff for there hot rods, a/c, p/s, fuel lines, hell i've seen him aluminum solder a/c lines. no complaints yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts