Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
it can be done but it's not a direct swap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
from what im to understand after i did a little more research, the only way to make it fit properly is welding the lower half of the civics fenders to the upper half of the crx fenders. as well as getting the crx HL, corners, and hood... correct?

it sure seems worth it. while the civic sir front end looks nice the crx sir front just looks smoother since theres no filler piece between the headlights and bumper. it just flows.

USDM crx front on crx

JDM Si-R front on a EF hatch

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
No doubt it looks better. If you got the time and money it would be a worthy investment!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its not so much the money, im pretty good when it comes to welding and body work. i just dont have the tools. ive also noticed (not that this is what deterrs me from doing it) jdm philes get really pissy when you suggest putting a crx sir front on a ef9 hatch. they completely rag on it. saying that the civic sir front looks better since thats the car it was designed for. i dont know, both fronts look good. but being able to get rid of the filler piece just gives it a totally different look.

civic Si-R hatch

versus the yucky usdm front (although this particular one looks kinda okay)

or what about a fg kit with the Si-R head light filler, lights, and hood? would that work? i kind of like this facia.

maybe cut out the bars going across the middle and make it a big mouth, put in the stanley yellow fogs, some mugen style skirts and rear bumper... but i'd like to see this fg bumper acutally installed on a civic... im worried once i'd get it it might be rediculously low or not proportioned correctly. the reason for this line of questioning is because i have a potential trade for my crap-o-matic ek dx. my 4drs auto tranny went out suddenly and i found an 90 si, with a 95 vtec, si swap, and tranny that needs a couple little things to make it 100%. i'd much rather have the 90 si than the 99 auto dx...

id like to combine jdm styling with a little bit of "open class" flare. or go totally jdm. depends on my resources and availability of parts. i hate riced out EFs, they're hideous, gawty, played out and i dont want an og si to accidentally become that which i hate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

anyone have a picture of this facia actually installed? the curiosity is killing me to see how it works with the rest of the car... if at all. lol :fingersx:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts