Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 CRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has modified their stock wire harness to remove all of the obd0 connectors. I am swapping out the motor on my crx with a d16z6 and will be using the ry-wire harness and a stock ecu. Will this cause any issues by not running a stand alone? I've been looking at the wiring diagram but can't tell if there are any wires on the body harness that depend on anything other than what is already supplied with the new engine harness.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
541 Posts
Yep. I just put a rywire harness in my car and did exactly that. Unless you're confident with wiring, don't attempt it. Also make sure you've got the wiring diagrams for your car, because it can get tricky. It's not just a case of depinning the wire from the engine bay plug and then tracing it back and removing it from the other end. There are quite a few wires that splice into a wire that's used on a different circuit that is still required (common grounds, common power, common signals).

It took me a couple of months working on it over the weekends to be happy with it.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
While not exactly the same... I have a 1989 CRX with the original long walk an OBD1 distributor OBD1 manifold and OBD2 injectors OBD2 alternator I am running an OBD1 po6 Honda computer and a factory new then modified 1996 Civic EX automatic harness. Even with obd0 OBD1 and OBD2 wiring diagrams a lot of patience and the experience of having built 30-plus swap harnesses for various Hondas in the past it still took me awhile to figure it out and repin everything the way it needed to go. Finally about 6 months after I got it all running I was able to say it was complete there were a lot of the above-mentioned wiring crossovers power different circuits that are not easy to see in the diagrams. The one that really got me was the radiator fan control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, i wana converct my D15b3 carb into fuel injected system because carb is giving me issues with power, i already got the D15b Intake with everything, and the ecu, now the problem is the harness, where should i get the harness?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts