Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first post so if I do something wrong please let me know. I purchased a 1993 Honda Civic dx coupe recently for $1050. Obviously not perfect for that price. When I purchased it he told me that when the original motor blew, the same year motor and type(d15b7) was put back in. However it was put back in with a po8 d15b ecu not the po6 d15b7 ecu. He said he tried to put a po6 ecu back in it but the pins were different. He said it might have been because the ecu he tried to put back in was for an automatic and this is a manual. After that he said if the ecu was correct then the wiring harness on the motor might be for a d15b. So my questions are. Does this affect the way the motor runs? Seems to run fine to me, drove it home 2 hours and runs great, drives great. If it isn't affecting the way it runs to have that ecu in it I will leave it alone. My next question is do the automatic ecu have a different number of pins than the manual ecu. If it has the same number of pins as the manual and I need to change the ecu then I'll change the whole engine harness and ecu to be correct. Again if the ecu isn't making it run different then I'll leave it. Any opinions or suggestions? Anything would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
honda obd1 ecus have the same number of pins for auto and manual. converting one from auto to manual is a very simple process.
the p08 ecu should throw a cel when it tries to engage vtec, but should run ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts