Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ECU is throwing the code TDC which my manual says is in the dizzy. I have replaced the dizzy twice now and it still is showing this code. Could the car be out of time and if so what should the time be? I checked my timming with a timming light without a dial. looking from the back of the motor to the front over the valve cover. The sights were lined up with the 3rd notch on the right. I ajusted it to the 1st notch on the left. I know timming is a noob ? but i would greatly appreciate any help with this. :-( By the way it is a stock D16z6 in a 93 del sol si.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,609 Posts
1LOSTSOL said:
My ECU is throwing the code TDC which my manual says is in the dizzy. I have replaced the dizzy twice now and it still is showing this code. Could the car be out of time and if so what should the time be? I checked my timming with a timming light without a dial. looking from the back of the motor to the front over the valve cover. The sights were lined up with the 3rd notch on the right. I ajusted it to the 1st notch on the left. I know timming is a noob ? but i would greatly appreciate any help with this. :-( By the way it is a stock D16z6 in a 93 del sol si.
Have you tested your dizzy's resistance? There is a certian spec that the resistance is to fall between, its in the Helms manual. Where did you get the new dizzy's?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rexinre said:
Have you tested your dizzy's resistance? There is a certian spec that the resistance is to fall between, its in the Helms manual. Where did you get the new dizzy's?
From Autozone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts