Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1990 honda civic manual swapped mpfi swapped and obd1 swapped with d16z6 and hydro trans
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 1990 civic with a d16z6 car was down for a bit for repairs and after the repairs where made it's now stuck in launch control was throwing a code for crank sensor so I swapped the dizzy still have the problem my speedometer works so I just dont know what else could be causing it to be stuck on

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,933 Posts
stock ecus don't have launch control

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
1990 honda civic manual swapped mpfi swapped and obd1 swapped with d16z6 and hydro trans
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's got a chipped p28 checked every thing

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,933 Posts
still not saying what software youre using, or if you've hooked up to it to check.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Unplug your speed sensor and see if it goes away.
If it does, go inside the software and disable launch control.

Why do you think it is launch control anyways?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,169 Posts
To the noob, limp mode is launch mode lmao.... stuck in launch control mode? No problem, just means your always ready....

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
250 Posts
Check the little rubber bumper that is supposed to contact the clutch engaged switch. If you look in your footwell you will likely find a broken green rubber bumper.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Check the little rubber bumper that is supposed to contact the clutch engaged switch. If you look in your footwell you will likely find a broken green rubber bumper.
It wont start if that is goofed up

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
250 Posts
The upper one, used for cruise control, is the one the ecu looks for open to activate launch control, the lower one is the one for the starter circuit. You can jump the lower one to allow remote starts and launch control still works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have launch control set up for speed at zero not on the clutch switch cause I'm manual swapped I already narrowed it down to the cluter or wiring from cluster to ecu cause I finally got a check engine light started throwing codes 4 and 17 tried replacing the dizzy with a new one still throws code 4 only way I can drive the car is when I use a stock ecu and it seems vtec does not crack at all but everything works fine besides that

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
what "stock" ecu did you try? A P28?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts