Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did the nokia data logging cable thing and that did not work so I bought the moates HULOG so that I knew it would work. I put it in today and I cut the J12 resistor. but when I went to put it back into the car I noticed that the chip end of the moates Ostrich had some pins broken on it. I put it in a and it looked like what was left of the pins contacted the socket, but now my car started and idled really bad then won't not start after that. Now I am wondering if it was because I cut the J12 resistor or are the broken pins not making contact?

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Ok I did the nokia data logging cable thing and that did not work so I bought the moates HULOG so that I knew it would work. I put it in today and I cut the J12 resistor. but when I went to put it back into the car I noticed that the chip end of the moates Ostrich had some pins broken on it. I put it in a and it looked like what was left of the pins contacted the socket, but now my car started and idled really bad then won't not start after that. Now I am wondering if it was because I cut the J12 resistor or are the broken pins not making contact?
you HAVE to cut j12 to datalog correctly... cutting it would not be any reason for the symptoms your having. most likely the ostrich dongle is just making bad contact. probably bouncing when the idle vibrations are happening... moates.com has ostrich dongles you can buy so you dont have to buy a whole new ostrich... also, i would try re-sending the ostrich your map, but im sure you already thought of this

·
Registered
516 Posts
Usually the Ostrich has an extra socket added onto it's cable just in case something like this happens.

Your problem is definitely because of the broken pins though.

Definitely get the replacement stuff from from Moates though.

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
If you broke the main plug on the harness, you can get creative and replace the pins with staples solderd to the wire.... I think i have about 5 homeade pins now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.