Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Its that time of year to get the car inspected but every time I shut my car off, the EVAP, o2, and catylist will say incomplete on my scanner. Now with around 10 minutes of driving I am able to get the o2 and catylist to ready, but as soon as I turn my car off it goes back to incomplete. I have a 1998 civic ex with a d15b7 swap (previous owner did that) and it has an obd2a ecu(I think one out of the Integra). I have no check engine lights or codes and the engine idles and drives very smooth. Its like the ecu wont hold the memory. Luckily in NY I can have two not ready codes and pass, so if I cant fix this problem can I get an inspection without turning my car off? This way I can get the codes to ready and get inspection.

Thanks,
Steve

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
check the battery fuse. does the dash clock and radio presets stay working after the key is turned off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just went out and checked and the fuse looks intact, wouldn't the car not be able to start without it? Also I have a cheap aftermarket eBay radio that has no clock or presets.

·
5,025 Posts
its just a back up. when its broke, all power goes off once the key is off. hence the oem clock going back to 12:00 or the radio presets no longer set. that's all I got, maybe someone else knows. I see 2jz lurkin

·
5,025 Posts

·
5,025 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Theres a power to the ECU that stays on while the car is off, its usually called the "backup power". That is probably not working correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts