Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swaped a d16z6 into my 96 civic... and i was wondering whit my stock obd2 ecu still in the car would that stop it from starting...i know i need 2 get like a p28 and a step down...but would that be the reason its not starting???
its gettin fuel and spark and its on timing... but it wont start lmk asap!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would look at base timing, cam timing, grounds. Was the d16z6 running when it came out? Is it even trying to sputter?

What ecu are you running p2e p2p?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would look at base timing, cam timing, grounds. Was the d16z6 running when it came out? Is it even trying to sputter?

What ecu are you running p2e p2p?
yea its tryin 2 turn over... it seemz like there something li stoping it from doing so... timing is fine im getting fuel and spark...idk what it is the harness is pluged into everything the and the ecu i have is the stock 1 4 my car...0bd2 5 speed d16y7...

·
Registered
91 civic hb
33 Posts
make sure the spark plug wires are in the correct order, i just did a swap in a hurry and the same thing happened to me, and it came to be that the wires were not in the right place

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
well yes he is going to have a CEL, he doesn't have some sensors hooked up, example knock sensor which the z6 does not have, but the y7 does this not being in existance will throw a CEL, the question is what are your codes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well yes he is going to have a CEL, he doesn't have some sensors hooked up, example knock sensor which the z6 does not have, but the y7 does this not being in existance will throw a CEL, the question is what are your codes?
true....im hooping i get my step down and p28 2morrow...and we will c what happins...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
good luck man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts