Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is the problem. It's probably pretty simple for you.
I got a Japanese P08 ECU (automatic) and it's going in a USA automatic tranny. Engine in question is JDM D15B VTEC. Anyways everything seems fine with it except that the automatic shifter doesn't allow me to shift. It's just locked up on PARK.

Anyways I hear that the reason the P08 doesn't work with our auto's is because they have a dual automatic lock thingy. Was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and if they could fix it for me. Some people told me it just needs a something desolder'ed or a wire put in...

Wondering if you could help me make it work and PM me if you know what it is. I assume it's not alot of work which I have been hearing but I have no experience in desoldering, circuit boards, etc.

or

Would this work? Putting a P28 chip in the ECU? If I put the P28 chip in, I assume I could still be running the P08 fuel maps, etc...Right? Remember this is the JAPANESE P08.

THANKS!
:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
you obviously have manual ecu because an auto ecu is an auto ecu and it will trigger the lockout silinoid for the shifter . the easyist thing is just remove the cover over the shifter and remove the plactic piece the connects the silinoid to the shifter lockout

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slammedcivy said:
you obviously have manual ecu because an auto ecu is an auto ecu and it will trigger the lockout silinoid for the shifter . the easyist thing is just remove the cover over the shifter and remove the plactic piece the connects the silinoid to the shifter lockout
Can you elaborate more? Do you have some sort of diagram on this?

No really I have a Japanese AUtomatic P08 ECU but its riding on the USDM auto tranny. I checked and its automatic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
auto

opened up housung for the auto gear selector found no plastic. it appears that the lock out sileniod disengauges only when it has power to it, like when the key is on. it also appears that you can unplug it and run a hot wire from a switched power source to activate it. i would keep it seperate from the ecu so as not to create a back feed into the ecu.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
hehe... saw your post on pgmfi.org...
sometimes it takes a while to get a reply... good luck.

BTW, what beaslbob said is what I suggested, too. Run power to the solenoid directly from the relay (so it's on only when the car is on). Your ECU won't control the solenoid anymore, so you should be able to move the shifter without having to press on the brake either.

It's your only fix, until you find out how to modify the ecu.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The lockout solenoid trigger probably comes out of a different pin in the JDM ecu. If that's the case you might be able to find out from diagrams which wire in your harness is for the lockout, and which pin of the ECU it belongs in.

But the lesson learned...this is why not to dabble with automatics!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts