Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping some one on here can help me.

accorinding to the information that ive found on the net my car is OBD2 but when i came across a website about ecu's it says mines OBD1. so whitch is it??

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
tell us what kinda car you got. Year and model will help alot.. can't tell from that sude EXACTLY what u got. take a pic of the label on the other side of the ecu..

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
well i'm going to stop right here. i don't know much about the euro models.. i'll try and do some research but the label should look something like this.

the 37820 are irrelevent to you what you're worried about is the next 3 numbers.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
yea i've never heard of that one.. i'm researchin a lil right now.. but dont' quote me on this but it "SHOULD" be obd2a from the year but idm about euros

·
Registered
422 Posts
i searched but didnt find anything

isnt than an obd1 ecu? obd2 wiring looks different, there is a space inbetween the 1st and second plug and the 3rd plug is the small one on obd2

obd2

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
this is coming from here Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D15Z8

* VTEC-E
* Found in:
o 1997-2000 Honda Civic LS (European Market)
+ Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
+ Bore and Stroke : 75 mm × 84.5 mm (3.0 in × 3.3 in)
+ Compression : 9.6:1
+ Power : 114 hp (85.0 kW, 116 ps) @ 6500 rpm
+ Torque : error?: 95-99 ft·lbf (13-14 kg/m, 128-134 Nm) :confirm? @ 4500 rpm
+ Head Code : P2J P2M
+ ECU Code : P9L
+ VTEC Switchover : 2500 rpm
+ Valvetrain : SOHC VTEC-E (4 valves per cylinder)
+ Fuel Control : OBD2 MPFI

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've seen that stuff on wikipedia but like c0nspire sed odb2 has different spaces in the blocks this is why i'm gettin confused on wot one it is

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
Yea. I see google wasn't much help and hater-tech wasn't either (although it never really is) but yep lookin at the plugs that i've compard pics to it looks like OBD1.. I'll try more after lunch.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Picks of inside of ecu may help. It is obd1 looking plugs. LOL ya let me see the inside euro stuff is strange due to less emission standers compared to the states. If it has a spot for a 28 dip I am going to say obd1.

Ya its not even in the master list PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . EcuDefinitionCodes probably due to vtec-e

1 - 19 of 19 Posts